Help us celebrate your success!If you, or someone in your department has received an award, let us know!
- Dr. Rashmi Bhargava (MD), Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology — 2019 Certificate of Merit Award from Canadian Association of Medical Education
- Dr. Stacey Lovo Grona (PhD), Department of Continuing Physical Therapy Education — Saskatchewan Physiotherapy Association Joyce Manton Award for Leadership and Professional Involvement
- 2019 Resident Doctors of Saskatchewan Excellence in Teaching Award:
○ Dr. Roland Auer (MD), Department of Pathology
○ Dr. Marla Davidson (MD), Department of Psychiatry
○ Dr. Clinton Meyer (MD), Department of Emergency Medicine
○ Dr. Scott Pharis (MD), Department of Pediatrics (Cardiology)
○ Dr. John Shaw (MD), Department of Surgery (General)
○ Dr. Alison Turnquist (MD), Department of Emergency Medicine
- Dr. Cory Neudorf (MD), Department of Community Health and Epidemiology — Public Health Physicians of Canada 2019 President's Award
- Dr. Sean Groves (MD), Department of Academic Family Medicine — Saskatchewan Medical Association Physician of the Year Award
- Dr. Rob Woods (MD), Department of Emergency Medicine — Provost's College Award for Outstanding Teaching in the College of Medicine
- Dr. Catherine Trask (PhD), Department of Community Health and Epidemiology — USask Graduate Students' Association Advising Excellence Award
- Dr. Brent Thoma (MD), Department of Emergency Medicine — Canadian Association for Medical Education (CAME) Foundation Wooster Family Grant in Medical Education
- Dr. Mira Pavan (MD), Department of Family Medicine — Society of Rural Physicians of Canada Resident Leadership Award
- Dr. Jonathan Dean (MD), Department of Internal Medicine — Resident Doctors of Canada Puddester Award for Resident Wellness
- Dr. James Dosman (MD), Canadian Centre for Health and Safety in Agriculture (CCHSA) — 2019 inductee for the Canadian Medical Hall of Fame
- Postgraduate Medical Education Resident Teaching Awards
- Hannah Salapa (PhD student), Department of Anatomy, Physiology and Pharmacology — 2019 Whitaker Track Research Award at the Consortium on Multiple Sclerosis (MS) Centres
- Zeinab Momeni, Department of Anatomy, Physiology and Pharmacology — Provost's Graduate Student Teacher Award
- Karen Mosier — Research coordinator, Department of Surgery — Canadian Association of Research Administrators (CARA) Community Builder Award
- Dr. Bruna Bonavia-Fisher (PhD) — 2018 Sydney Inskip Award
Apply for Awards
Awards are one way to support and promote your own work and the achievements of your colleagues and peers. Learn more about the opportunities that are available at the college, campus and national levels.
College of Medicine Awards
- College of Medicine Excellence in Teaching — This award provides an opportunity to honour two peers for their significant contributions to the teaching mission of the College of Medicine. For more information, contact Linda Bowen.
- Louis Horlick Spirit of the College Award — Established by the College of Medicine Alumni Association, this award is presented annually to an individual associated with the college who has gone over and above the call of duty and shows the spirit, dedication and enthusiasm that Dr. Louis Horlick exemplified during his career. The award will be presented at the Highlights in Medicine Alumni Reunion Conference banquet in June. Applications are due at the end of April. More information...
- Sydney Inskip Service Award — This award recognizes non-academic support staff members who have enhanced the work environment in the College of Medicine. This award is made possible through the generosity of Drs. Ivan Jen and Suzanne Yip. Contact firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
The PGME office has several awards available for residents to apply for in a wide range of areas. Award recipients are recognized at the annual resident appreciation night. Deadlines are at the end of May, annually.
- CanMEDS awards – to recognize medical residents who have excelled in the CanMEDS roles while at the College of Medicine
- CSCI-CIHR Resident Research award – co-sponsored by the Canadian Society for Clinical Investigation (CSCI) and the Canadian Institutes of Health Research (CIHR), this award is for the best resident research project conducted during a RCPSC/CFPC training program at each Canadian medical school.
- Medical Class of 1939 Resident Teacher award in Medicine – recognizes medical residents who have excelled in teaching while at the College of Medicine.
The PGME office also recognizes program directors and program administrative assistants. For more information, contact Della Toews.
Contact your department to learn more about department undergraduate, resident and faculty awards.
- The University of Saskatchewan has a number of faculty teaching awards, as well as funding for projects related to curriculum innovation, experiential learning, scholarship of teaching and learning, open educational resources, and course innovation communities. This website also contains information on how to apply for national and international teaching awards.
- The University Staff Excellence Award honours individuals who have enhanced the work environment by providing an extraordinary service to the university community, who have inspired, supported and respected the endeavours of others and who have achieved this distinction through dedication and commitment, and who have clearly demonstrated at least one of the principles or values as included in the mission, vision and values of the University of Saskatchewan.
- Canadian Medical Association — deadline for nominations is November 30.
- Resident Doctors of Canada — deadline for nominations is the January 30.
- Association of Faculties of Medicine of Canada — nominations are open from July 1 – September 30.
- CaRMS — deadline for nominations is in September, annually.
- Medical Council of Canada — deadline for nominations is May 1.
- Royal College of Physicians and Surgeons
- The Royal College also provides research grants and professional development funding.
- College of Family Physicians of Canada (CFPC) — deadline for nominations is in May, annually.
- The CFPC also provides research grants and professional development funding.
- Saskatchewan chapter awards.
- Saskatchewan Medical Association – deadline for nominations is February, annually
- Canadian Association for Medical Education – deadline for nominations is _________
- College of Physicians and Surgeons of Saskatchewan – deadline September 30, annually.