Research Support Personnel
|TBD||Anesthesiology, Perioperative Medicine and Pain Management|
|Bruna Bonavia-Fisher||Biomedical Sciences|
|Maryam Madani Larijani||Community Health and Epidemiology|
|Tracy Wilson||Emergency Medicine|
|Mark Milne||Pathology, Ophthalmology, Obstetrics & Gynecology, Division of Oncology, Medical Imaging and Family Medicine|
|Darren Nickel||Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation|
|Kristine Hunter||School of Rehabilitation Science|
If you are a new faculty member and are interested in the Research Mentorship Program, please contact the Research Facilitator in your Department, your Department Head, or the OVDR.
Saskatchewan Centre for Patient-Oriented Research (SCPOR) is a partnership of organizations that support patient-oriented research in Saskatchewan.
To receive information about funding opportunities, there are four available listservs to which you can subscribe. If subscribed, you will receive automatic emails when a competition is announced, or when the internal deadlines for grant reviewing are circulated.
To Subscribe/Unsubscribe to Listserv(s):
- Click on your desired Listserv link.
- Enter your email address, then select Subscribe or Unsubscribe.
- You will receive an email asking to confirm; click on the URL. You must send the confirmation in order to subscribe to the List.
- A second email will confirm your successful subscription.
The University of Saskatchewan offers a number of internal funding opportunities to faculty members to support their research, scholarly, and artistic activities.
Check back for updates!
Ethics and Approval
For examples of successful grant applications, please visit the Grants Repository. Feel free to browse, read, or upload CIHR, NSERC, and SSHRC grant applications and/or CVs.
Please see the attached infographics regarding the Indirect Costs of Research (ICR), commonly known as Overhead.
For grant development information, please visit Office of the Vice-President Research, Planning and Preparing.
Before you start writing your grant, make sure that you are aware of the Funding Agency’s deadline to submit as well as the Usask internal deadline for submitting to Research Services and Ethics Office (RSEO).
- Download the pdf of your complete Application Package
- Visit ; login with your NSID and password
- Top right, click on + Add new > Project > Project Application
- Click on Externally Funded
- Complete all fields marked with a red asterisk
- Under the Documents Menu tab, upload your complete grant application .pdf under Final Project Documents
- When all * are filled, click Save and Update Status
- Select Submitted for Approval and click Done
- Send an email to your department head to alert him/her to approve the application in
You will receive a compliance review from RSEO via e-mail.
NOTE: you cannot submit your application to the funding agency until you have addressed the compliance review comments
If the funding agency requires a signed copy you must drop the signature page at all the offices required by the funding agency.
To check which office has approved your application:
Check the Approval and Log tab. It will say: For Approval by Department Head, or For Approval by Dean.
If it has already gone through the academic approvals it will say For Review by Approval Coordinator or For Review by Specialist.
The following grants participate in the Usask internal review:
- Main Tri-Council Grants
Accessing Cancer Data
To access data from the Saskatchewan Cancer Agency, please check the below links. If you have further questions, please contact or visit http://www.saskcancer.ca/research-article/data-access-requests