Research Days 2021
The Department of Medicine Research Day highlighted the intensity and emphasis of research in the department. The topics were varied from biomedical to clinical to population-based to health services research showing the diversity of research in the department. We were also able to include third-year resident projects.
The presentations were excellent and we would like to thank all of the presenters and attendees. We would also like to congratulate Dr. Michael Prystajecky for receiving the award for the top presentation in the Clinical, population health, and health services research category and Dr. Michael Levin for receiving the award for the top presentation in the biomedical research category.
We look forward to seeing you again at next year’s event.
Dr. Josh Lawson – Director Research DoM
Congratulations to Drs. Ali and Alex Rajput for their 2019 paper Parkinsonism in essential tremor cases: A clinicopathological study published in Movement Disorder, for receiving a supporting citation.Of the over 6-million paper published in 2019, only 4% received a supporting citation. You can see how the paper was cited here.
Congratulations to the five Department of Medicine faculty members who will receive promotions effective July 1, 2021.
- Rahul Mainra, Division of Nephrology – promoted to Professor.
- Sharyle Fowler, Division of Gastroenterology & Hepatology – promoted to Associate Professor
- Gary Hunter, Division of Neurology – promoted to Associate Professor
- Shaqil Peermohamed, Division of Infectious Diseases – promoted to Associate Professor
- Alexander Wong, Division of Infectious Diseases (Regina) – promoted to Associate Professor
Your contributions to the University community are greatly appreciated.
Research Essential Links