Resident Leave Guidelines
- Residents are responsible for obtaining signatures on their leave request forms from their Rotation Supervisor, Call Schedule Coordinator and/or Administrative Resident prior to returning to the Program Administrative Assistant for the Program Director approval.
- Resident cannot be away from a rotation for more than 25% of the rotation. This includes vacation, conference, sick leave etc.
- Conference/Education Leave has to be approved by the Program Director and Department Head prior to registering or booking flights.
- Resident to fill in and sign an Authority to Travel form, include information on the conference and if presenting, include the letter of acceptance and a copy of the abstract
- Return to the Program Administrative Assistant who can obtain approval from the Program Director and Department Head.
- When the conference/education leave is approved, resident to obtain signatures on the leave form from their rotation supervisor and call schedule coordinator.