Clerks please familiarize yourself with the materials below before attending the Year 3 orientation.
Year 3 Site Coordinator in Regina: Dr. Joelle McBain
Senior Administrative Coordinator in Saskatoon: Tamara Hominuke
Clerkship Administrative Coordinator in Saskatoon: Carolyn Blushke
Clerkship Administrative Coordinator in Regina: Annie Ethier
Clerkship Administrative Coordinator in Prince Albert: Nicole Toutant
Year 3 Administrative Support in Saskatoon: Tangy Epp
Year 4 Administrative Support: Tami Golding
SLIC Director: Dr. Tara Lee
SLIC Administrative Coordinator in Meadow Lake: Bailey Edelman
SLIC Administrative Coordinator in Estevan: Kristin Dupuis
SLIC Administrative Coordinator in Melfort: Mabel Ryhorchuk
The following three training sessions are required at the beginning of Clerkship. The UGME Clerkship team will provide you with the deadlines.
- WHMIS 2015 Training
- Go to this webpage: http://safetyresources.usask.ca/services/training/index.php
- Click on WHMIS (a box will open)
- Scroll down and click on Register
- Sign in using your NSID and Password
- Fill in your personal information and use the info below for Campus info:
Department/College: College of Medicine
Campus Address: 3A20.05 Health Sciences Building, 107 Wiggins Road
Campus Phone #: 306-966-6946
Supervisor Name: Tamara Hominuke
Supervisor Phone: 306-966-6946
- Submit this page and an email will be sent to you with your password
- Log in and complete the WHMIS training (once you have successfully completed the WHMIS training a certificate will be emailed to you)
- In order to receive credit for WHMIS training you will need to forward that certificate to Tamara Hominuke (for Saskatoon, SLIC and Prince Albert students) and Annie Ethier (for Regina students).
Students who take the full ACLS Course, or ACLS Renewal Course, must have a current Heart and Stroke Foundation BLS course completion card. BLS and ACLS training sessions will be coordinated by the UGME office and the session dates will be sent out prior to Clerkship orientation. Students are responsible for purchasing an ACLS course textbook from the USask bookstore before the ACLS training date. Once you have completed your ACLS, please log into the Heart & Stroke website and send a PDF copy of your card to Tamara Hominuke (for Saskatoon, SLIC and Prince Albert students) and Annie Ethier (for Regina students).
Workplace Assessment Violence Education (WAVE) Training
Certificate of completion must be submitted to Tamara Hominuke (for Saskatoon, SLIC and Prince Albert students) and Annie Ethier (for Regina students).
- Clerkship Stipend Letter
- Saskatchewan Health Authority Forms
- Work-Based Learning Consent Form
- eHealth Viewer Registration
The eHealth Viewer (or electronic Health Record Viewer) is a secure online website that authorizes health care providers, such as medical students, to access patient health information that has been recorded in Saskatchewan.
Complete the eHealth Viewer registration process by visiting the following link: https://www.ehealthsask.ca/services/ehr-viewer/Pages/Register-eHR-Viewer-Account.aspx
Please put “Medical Student” for your primary role and UGME as your organization. Since UGME is an approved organization, you can omit step #3.
Entrustable Professional Activity (EPA)
Please watch this webcast for a description of EPAs.
- Description of EPAs and the requirements for core clerkship rotations (2020-2021) (2021-2022)
- Instructions on how to download and use the “UGME EPA” App
- EPA frequently asked questions
Please contact the rotation administrative support person for assistance if there are any issues with the EPAs.
The College of Medicine strongly encourages all medical students to get the influenza vaccination. Medical students are required to provide documented proof of immunization. Please email proof to firstname.lastname@example.org. In the event of influenza or other outbreak, any unvaccinated or non-immune student will be excluded from the outbreak area and will not be allowed to return until the Regional Health Authority has determined it is safe to do so.
Saskatoon: Prior to Clerkship orientation, the Saskatoon Clerkship Support Team will send out information regarding locker assignment in the Health Sciences building and a sign-up sheet for the lockers in the RUH student lounge and scrub room.
Regina: Locker information will be provided at the Regina orientation.
Prince Albert: Clerk is to provide their own lock, claim an empty locker, and notify Nicole Toutant.