- Learning Disabilities
- Caregiver stress
- 2015 – present - Developmental Pediatrician, Alvin Buckwold Child Development Program, Kinsmen Children’s Centre, Saskatoon, Saskatchewan
- 2013 – 2015 - Developmental Pediatrics Subspecialty Residency, University of Alberta, Edmonton, Alberta
- 2014 - Fellow of the Royal College of Physicians and Surgeons, Specialist Certification in Pediatrics
- 2010 – 2013 - General Pediatrics Residency, Dalhousie University, Halifax, Nova Scotia
- 2006 – 2010 - Doctor of Medicine, College of Medicine, University of Saskatchewan, Saskatoon, Saskatchewan
- 2004 – 2006 - Bachelor of Science, summa cum laude, Major in Biology, Minor in Chemistry, Dickinson State University, Dickinson, North Dakota
- 2002 – 2004 - Arts & Sciences, Tusculum College, Greeneville, Tennessee
- 2014 - Sarah Lopaschuk Memorial Scholarship
- 2012 - Dalhousie University Pediatrics Resident Teaching Award
- 2010 - U of S College of Medicine Spirit of the Graduating Class
- 2008 - U of S College of Medicine Spirit of the Class of 2010
- 2004 – 2006 - Dickinson State University President’s List
- 2004 – 2006 - Dickinson State University full Athletic/Academic scholarship
- 2002 – 2004 - Tusculum College Dean’s List
- 2002 – 2004 - Tusculum College President’s List
- 2002 – 2004 - Tusculum College full Athletic/Academic scholarship
PROFESSIONAL CERTIFICATIONS AND MEMBERSHIPS
- 2013 – present - Resident Member of Alberta Medical Association
- 2010 – present - Pediatric Advanced Life Support Provider
- 2010 – present - Resident Member of the Canadian Pediatric Society
- 2010 – 2013 - Resident Member of Doctors Nova Scotia
- 2009 – present - CPS Neonatal Resuscitation Provider
- 2009 – present - Heart and Stroke Foundation ACLS Provider
- 2008 – present - Heart and Stroke Foundation BLS Instructor
- Present - Developmental Pediatrics Chief Resident
- Present - Developmental Pediatrics Residency Program Committee Representative
- 2007 - Associate Dean of Medical Education Reappointment Committee. Role: Represented the College of Medicine student body in the reappointment of the Associate Dean of Medical Education.
- 2006 – 2010 - College of Medicine Faculty Council (Voting Member). Role: Represented the opinions of the Class of 2010 in matters pertaining to the College of Medicine and its different departments.
- 2006 – 2010 - Saskatchewan Medical Student Society Class of 2010 Representative
- 2014 - Adoption: A Developmental Perspective. University of Alberta Department of Pediatrics Grand Rounds
- 2013 - Autism Spectrum Disorder: The Current Landscape. Dalhousie University Department of Pediatrics Grand Rounds
- 2013 - Professional Competencies Problem-Based Learning Case. Role: Contributor to development of a Child Protection PBL case for Dalhousie medical students.
- 2006 - North Dakota Experimental Planetary Space Suit Project. Funding from NASA to the North Dakota Space Grant Consortium allowed our students and faculty to develop the prototype of a Mars spacesuit, and put it through a series of tests to assess its mobility and performance.
EXTRA-CURRICULAR AND VOLUNTEER ACTIVITIES
- 2013 – 2014 - Hope Mission. Food Services volunteer.
- 2010 – 2012 - Nova Scotia Special Olympics Medical Chairperson. Volunteer position organizing, recruiting, and scheduling volunteers for the Nova Scotia Special Olympics.
- 2006 – 2010 - Saskatchewan Medical Student Society Class of 2010 Representative. Additionally volunteered for a number of activities sponsored by the SMSS- Miles for Smiles, Blood Drive, College of Medicine MMI Interview Weekend.
- 2009 – 2010 - Regina Open Door Society Passport Program . An initiative between the Regina Clinical Clerks and the Open Door Society, to sit down with recent immigrants to Regina, and a translator if necessary, and create a thorough “medical passport” in which the immigrant could then present to healthcare professionals when seeking medical assistance.
- 2009 – 2010 - Pre-Health Professions Club Mentor. Provided information and mentorship about healthcare careers in Medicine, Nursing and Pharmacy to Grade 12 students in the community.
- Learning in school-age children
- Genetics of disability
2015 - Caregiver Needs and Stress in Caring for Individuals with Fetal Alcohol Spectrum Disorder. Bobbitt SA, Baugh L, Andrew G, Cook J, Green C, Pei J, Rasmussen C. Submitted to Research in Developmental Disabilities August 2015.
2014 - Isolated gross motor delay in an otherwise healthy 17 month old. Bobbitt SA, Sonnenberg LK. Accepted by Paediatrics & Child Health October 2014. Waiting for publication.
2014 - Autism Spectrum Disorder in the classroom.Medical and psychological problems in the classroom-the role of the teacher in diagnosis and management. Zwaigenbaum L, Bobbitt SA. Textbook chapter accepted for publication September 2014.
2014 - Treatment of refractory pyoderma gangrenosum with infliximab in a 17-month old boy. Bobbitt SA, Klaus EM, Stringer E, Chowdhury D, Finlayson L. Submitted to Dermatology Online Journal September 2015.
2013 – 2014 - Children With School Problems E-Module. Andrews D, Bobbitt SA, Mahoney W. Teaching primary care physicians about the approach to common school problems including ADHD and Learning Disability.
2013 - The Impact of Steroids on Puberty in Duchenne Muscular Dystrophy. Dooley JM, Bobbitt SA, Cummings EA.. Pediatric Neurology. 2013 Oct;49(4):292-3.
2008 - Mental Healthcare Utilization in Childhood and Early Adolescence of Premature Babies Discharged from Neonatal Intensive Care: An Administrative Database Study– Dean’s summer research project. Damodharan SK, Bobbitt SA, Carr L, Erdelyn M, Falkenberg K. RGH-Child & Youth Services, University of Saskatchewan. The project was presented as a poster at the 2010 Canadian Child Psychiatry Conference in Toronto, ON.