Procedures and Guidelines


Categories: postgraduate residents PGME

Observerships have no University of Saskatchewan or PGME status

The PGME office does not facilitate or approve observerships. Medical students and residents requesting an observership are responsible for finding a practicing physician that will act as a supervisor for the observership. If they cannot find a supervisor, the observership cannot proceed.

If a supervisor is found, the student/resident requesting the observership must contact the Credentialing Coordinator at the relevant Health Authority and provide the name of the supervisor and the observership dates. The Credentialing Coordinator will provide student/resident with a credentialing application form which will need to be completed before the start date of the observership.