To provide a formal communication link between the School and the clinical facilities which participate in the clinical education component of the Master of Physical Therapy program.
To make recommendations to the appropriate School committees and School of Physical Therapy Faculty Council regarding the clinical education component of the program.
- Academic Coordinator Clinical Education (Chair) (ex-officio)
- Assistant Academic Coordinators Clinical Education (ex officio)
- Physical therapy directors/managers or designates of clinical facilities in the province of Saskatchewan who represent the different facilities/programs participating in the clinical education component of the program (ex officio)
- Two student members appointed by the Physical Therapy Students Society (appointed by PTSS)
Appointment/Term of Office:
- Members of the Committee hold their membership by virtue of their position except for student members who will be appointed by PTSS.
- The Chair will be the Academic Coordinator Clinical Education.
- Student members can be reappointed for successive one year terms.
- To facilitate communication between clinical facilities and the School on matters pertaining to the clinical education component of the program.
- To assist in the development, implementation, monitoring and evaluation of the clinical education component of the program.
- To identify needs and issues, and develop strategies to address them, related to the clinical education component of the program.
- To provide input to policy and planning activities of the clinical education program/courses.
A minimum of two meetings will be held per year.
A quorum consists of the presence of either the Academic Coordinator Clinical Education or one of the Assistant Academic Coordinators Clinical Education (Regina or Saskatoon) and five representatives from the clinical facilities.
- Minutes of all meetings shall be recorded and kept on file in the General Office.
- The minutes shall be available to all committee members.
- Any information deemed to be confidential in nature (i.e. individual health or personal issues) shall be handled and stored in a secure manner.
- Confidential information recorded during meetings shall be kept in the General Office files and location of this information referenced in the minutes.
This Committee reports to School of Physical Therapy Faculty Council. The Chair of the Committee shall provide a report to School of Physical Therapy Faculty Council twice per year.