The main doors of the School are open between 7:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. (Monday to Friday). Students, faculty, and staff are issued fobs to access the School after hours. Doors must not be propped open at any time as Campus Security will be alerted by a silent alarm. Student use of the facility outside usual business hours shall be limited to 7:30 a.m. to 11:00 p.m.
Graduates Practicing for the PCE
Graduates of the MPT program have permission to access the School and equipment to prepare for the fall PCE following graduation. This use is restricted to 4:30 to 11:00 p.m. on weekdays and 7:30 a.m. to 11:00 p.m. on weekends. Should any of the rooms be occupied, graduates may only use the unoccupied rooms. Doors must not be propped open at any time as Campus Security will be alerted by a silent alarm. Fobs must be returned to the General Office by November 30th of the graduating year.
U of S Graduate Students and Post Docs
Registered U of S Graduate Students and Post Docs associated with the School of Rehabilitation Science may request permission to use School of Rehabilitation Science Space through the General Office.
Policy for Current Students and Graduates
The following policy is intended to enhance safety and to protect School of Rehabilitation Science property without unnecessarily limiting access to the facility/equipment for educational purposes.
- Friends or family members are not permitted to accompany the parties listed above due to liability issues.
- It is strongly recommended that students/graduates arrange to work in groups of at least three when using the facility after hours. In the event of an accident/injury, one person can remain with an injured individual while another seeks assistance. Should an incident/accident occur, Campus Security should be contacted at 306-966-5555 (or phone Emergency 911). The General Office of the School of Rehabilitation Science should be notified of any incident/accident the following business day.
- Upon leaving the School after hours, rooms must be tidied and equipment returned to its original location and any lights turned off.
- First aid kits are available in each lab.
- Students/Graduates must review and understand the policies listed on the Health Sciences Building and Health and Safety websites.
Use of Equipment:
- Electrical modalities may not be used after hours unless under direct supervision of a faculty member.
- Certain equipment may be signed out through the General Office and returned the following business day.
Food/Drink and Hygiene in the Classrooms:
- See the current policy regarding food/drink and hygiene in the classrooms online