Dr. Chan completed medical school at the University of Saskatchewan and his urological surgery training at Western University. He then spent two years of additional clinical training with an immersive fellowship in neurourology, reconstruction and functional urology in Melbourne, Australia.
He is an assistant professor in the Department of Surgery, with a cross appointment in the Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology at the University of Saskatchewan. Dr. Chan has presented at numerous international meetings, co-authored over 50 peer-reviewed articles and abstracts, and serves as a reviewer for several urology journals.
Dr. Chan strives for excellence in genitourinary reconstruction, and has performed the first sacral neuromodulation for lower urinary tract dysfunction in Saskatchewan. His other clinical interests also include stricture disease, erectile dysfunction, urinary incontinence, and pelvic organ prolapse.
- Assistant Professor, Division of Urology, Department of Surgery, College of Medicine, University of Saskatchewan
- Associate Member, Department of Obstetrics & Gynecology, College of Medicine, University of Saskatchewan
- Fellowship, Functional and Reconstructive Urology, Melbourne, Australia
- Fellow of the Royal College of Physicians and Surgeons of Canada (Urology)
- Urological Surgery, Western University, London, Ontario
- Doctor of Medicine, University of Saskatchewan, Saskatoon, SK
- Barratt R, Chan G, La Rocca R, Dimitropoulos K, Martins FE, Campos-Juanatey F, Greenwell TJ, Waterloos M, Riechardt S, Osman NI, Yuan Y. Free Graft Augmentation Urethroplasty for Bulbar Urethral Strictures: Which Technique Is Best? A Systematic Review. European Urology. 2021 Apr 17.
- McVey A, Qu LG, Chan G, Perera M, Brennan J, Chung E, Gani J. What a mesh! An Australian experience using national female continence surgery trends over 20 years. World journal of urology. 2021 Apr 9:1-8.
- Qu LG*, Chan G*, Gani J. Clinician training level impacts prescribing practices for the conservative management of acute renal colic: a contemporary update. International urology and nephrology. 2021 Apr;53(4):661-7.
- Timm B, Jayarajan J, Chan G, Bolton D. Botox rechallenge—An additional tool in the management of an incompletely emptying bladder and inadequate overactive symptom control following sacral neuromodulation. LUTS: Lower Urinary Tract Symptoms. 2021 Jan;13(1):194-7.
- Breau RH, Kapoor A, Nash DM, Rowe N, Cristea O, Chan G, Dixon SN, McArthur E, Tajzler C, Kumar R, Vinden C. Partial vs. radical nephrectomy and the risk of all-cause mortality, cardiovascular, and nephrological outcomes. Canadian Urological Association Journal. 2020 Oct;14(10):337.
- Chan G, Qu LG, Gani J. Evaluation of pre-operative bladder contractility as a predictor of improved response rate to a staged trial of sacral neuromodulation in patients with detrusor underactivity. World Journal of Urology. 2020 Jul 28:1-7.
- Chan G, Gani J. Voiding dysfunction and recurrent urinary tract infections: Utility of videourodynamics, imaging, and cystoscopy: Should we throw in the kitchen sink? In BJU INTERNATIONAL 2020 Mar 1 (Vol. 125, pp. 8-8). 111 RIVER ST, HOBOKEN 07030-5774, NJ USA: WILEY.
- Pepdjonovic L, Kealey J, Yao H, Chan G, Cheng J, O'Connell H, Gani J. Never too old for Botox (R)-intravesical Botox (R) is efficacious and safe in the elderly population. In BJU INTERNATIONAL 2020 Mar 1 (Vol. 125, pp. 38-38). 111 RIVER ST, HOBOKEN 07030-5774, NJ USA: WILEY.
- Qu L, Chan G, Gani J. Opioid use in Emergency Department (ED) associated with higher re-presentation rates of renal colic. In BJU INTERNATIONAL 2020 Mar 1 (Vol. 125, pp. 34-35). 111 RIVER ST, HOBOKEN 07030-5774, NJ USA: WILEY.
- Qu L, Chan G, Gani J. Training level impacts prescribing practices for analgesia in renal colic. In BJU INTERNATIONAL 2020 Mar 1 (Vol. 125, pp. 8-8). 111 RIVER ST, HOBOKEN 07030-5774, NJ USA: WILEY.
- Qu L, Chan G, Gani J. Characterizing the choice of Emergency Department (ED) imaging for patients with renal colic. In BJU INTERNATIONAL 2020 Mar 1 (Vol. 125, pp. 63-63). 111 RIVER ST, HOBOKEN 07030-5774, NJ USA: WILEY.
- Ramsay S, Chan G, Zimmerman WB, Chee J. Glomus tumour of the male urethra: an unusual diagnostic. BMJ Case Reports CP. 2019 Nov 1;12(11).
- Punjani N, Chan G, Chan E, Abed H, Campbell J, Brock G. 250 Single Perineal Incision for Artificial Urinary Sphincter: An Analysis of Technique, Outcomes, and Experience. The Journal of Sexual Medicine. 2019 Apr 1;16(4):S121-2.
- Preece PD, Chan G, O'Connell HE, Gani J. Optimising the tension of an autologous fascia pubovaginal sling to minimize retentive complications. Neurourology and urodynamics. 2019 Apr.
- Hetou K, Tangen-Steffins K, Nair S, Siddiqui K, Chan G, Leong H, Leong N, Goulart J, Chin JL. Prostate Cancer Canada electronic-library for Improved Function (eLIFT): The construction of the platform and initial analysis for patients’ satisfaction. European Urology Supplements. 2019 Mar 1;18(1):e844.
- Chan G, Pautler SE. Use of cumulative summation (CUSUM) as a tool for early feedback and monitoring in robot-assisted radical prostatectomy outcomes and performance. Canadian Urological Association Journal. 2019 Feb;13(2):53.
- Campbell J, Chan G, Luke PP. Early clamp release during laparoscopic partial nephrectomy: Implications for preservation of renal function. Canadian Urological Association Journal. 2017 Jul;11(7):E261.
- Chan G, Mamut A, Martin P, Welk B. Holmium: YAG laser ablation for the management of lower urinary tract foreign bodies following incontinence surgery: A Case Series and Systematic Review. Journal of endourology. 2016 Nov 1;30(11):1252-61.
- Chan G, Mamut A, Tatzel S, Welk B. An unusual case of polyembolokoilamania: Urethral avulsion from foreign object use during sexual gratification. Canadian Urological Association Journal. 2016 May 12;10(5-6):181-3.
- Chan G, Pautler SE: Quality of Life after Radical Prostatectomy: Continuing to Improve on our Track Record. Canadian Urological Association Journal 2015, 9 (5-6): 188-189.
- Siddiqui K, Chan G, Wambolt E, Tangen-Steffins K, Goulart J, Leong H, Leong N, Chin JLK, Movember/Prostate Cancer Canada initiative to develop a web-based platform with an integrated electronic-library and disease management support system to ameliorate survivorship experience. Canadian Urological Association Journal. 2015 May-Jun; 9(5-6SUppl2): S118.
- Chan G, Kroczak T, Drachenberg D. Leiomyosarcoma of the inferior vena cava with renal metastasis: An unusual case and diagnostic challenge. Canadian Urological Association Journal. 2014 Sep;8(9-10):358.
- Supraclavicular lymphadenopathy as the initial presentation of metastatic prostate cancer: A case report and review of literature. Canadian Urological Association Journal. 2013 May;7(5-6):E433.