About Dr. Russell Murphy
Dr. Russell Murphy is an Assistant Professor, Division of Otolaryngology-Head and Neck Surgery, Department of Surgery, College of Medicine, University of Saskatchewan. Originally from Saskatchewan, Dr. Murphy did his residency in Otolaryngology at the University of Alberta. He has an MD and a B.Sc. in Microbiology and Immunology from University of Saskatchewan. His clinical work focuses on General Otolaryngology and Head and Neck Surgeries. He has practiced since 2016 at various clinics through out Saskatchewan and has a main base at St. Paul's Hospital in Saskatoon. He is an active member of various medical association at national level. He is interested in research areas involving General Otolaryngology and Cancers of Head and Neck.
- Residency - Otolaryngology, 2015, University of Alberta, Edmonton, Canada
- Residency – General Surgery, 2010, University of Saskatchewan, Saskatoon, Canada
- Doctor in Medicine, 2009, University of Saskatchewan, Saskatoon, Canada
- Bachelor’s in Microbiology and Immunology, 2005, University of Saskatchewan, Saskatoon, Canada
- Fellow of the Royal College of Surgeons - Otolaryngology, 2015, University of Alberta, Edmonton, Canada
- Suryavanshi P, Parameswaran S, Sharma N, Murphy RA, Sharma AR. (2019). Voice hoarseness in a Patient with underlying Eisenmenger’s Syndrome: A Case Report. Journal of Otolaryngology - Head & Neck Surgery. 48 (1): 1-4
- Idris S, Murphy R, Witmans M, El-Hakim H. (2018). A Simple Management Option for Chronically Impacted Sharp Tracheobronchial Foreign Bodies in Children. Journal of Otolaryngology - Head & Neck Surgery. 47(1): 26.
- Mendez A, O’Connell D, Seikaly H, Harris J, Murphy R, Cote D. (2014) High definition video teaching module for learning neck dissection. Journal of Otolaryngology - Head & Neck Surgery. 43: 7.
- O’Connell D, Seikaly H, Murphy R, Fung C, Cooper T, Knox A, Scrimger R, Harris JR. (2013). Primary surgery versus chemoradiotherapy for advanced oropharyngeal cancer: a longitudinal population study. Journal of Otolaryngology - Head & Neck Surgery. 42(1): 31.
- Suryavanshi P, Parameswaran S, Gore-Hickman P, Murphy R, Sharma A. (2019). Randomized Double-blind Comparison of Treatment Modalities for Ankyloglossia: Laser-assisted lingual frenectomy vs. cold steel frenectomy. CSOHNS 2019, Edmonton, Canada, Canada
- Aravinthan K, Murphy R, Sharma A. (2019). Role of ENT Resource Nurses on Operating Room Efficiency: A Retrospective Chart Review. CSOHNS 2019, Edmonton, Canada,
- Holmes C, Sharma A, Murphy R, Parameswaran S, Aravinthan K. (2019). Prevalence of Idiopathic Subglottic Stenosis in Saskatchewan Hutterite Population. CSOHNS 2019, Edmonton, Canada
- Idris S, Murphy R, Ho A. (2015). Tegmen Height Investigations in Preoperative Planning for Mastoidectomy. CSOHNS 2015, Winnipeg, Canada