About Dr. Russell Murphy
Russell Murphy grew up in Saskatoon, and is honored to join the surgical faculty at the University of Saskatchewan. Having done both undergraduate studies and medical school at the University of Saskatchewan, his residency in Otolaryngology- Head and Neck Surgery was completed at the University of Alberta.
- 2015 - Fellow of the Royal College of Surgeons of Canada: Otolaryngology-Head and Neck Surgery, University of Alberta
- 2010 - General Surgery Residency Program, University of Saskatchewan
- 2009 - MD, University of Saskatchewan
- 2005 - BSc, Three Year- Microbiology and Immunology, University of Saskatchewan
- Murphy R, Dziegielewski P, O’Connell D, Seikaly H, Ansari K. The great auricular nerve: an anatomic and surgical study. J Otolaryngol Head Neck Surg. 2012 Apr;41 Suppl 1:S75-7. (Presented at Canadian Society of Otolaryngology Polliquin Residents Competition, 2012)
- O'Connell D, Seikaly H, Murphy R, Fung C, Cooper T, Knox A, Scrimger R, Harris JR. Primary surgery versus chemoradiotherapy for advanced oropharyngeal cancer: a longitudinal population study. J Otolaryngol Head Neck Surg. 2013 Apr 22l42(1):31.
- Murphy R, Seikaly H, Cooper T, Wang C, O’Connell D. Predictive Factors for Morbidity and Mortality of Patients Undergoing Free Flap Reconstruction. (Presented at Canadian Society of Otolaryngology Polliquin Residents Competition, 2012)
- Mendez A, O’Connell D, Seikaly H, Harris J, Murphy R, Cote D. Neck Dissection Video Teaching Module. Journal of Otolaryngology- Head and Neck Surgery 2014, 43:7.
- Greeff K, Murphy R, Cote D. Xanthogranuloma of the Nasal Septum: A Case Report. Presented at the Canadian Society of Otolaryngology National meeting, 2015.
- Idris S, Murphy R, Ho A. Tegmen Height Investigations in Preoperative Planning for Mastoidectomy. (Presented at the Canadian Society of Otolaryngology National Meeting in 2015 and at Nagata 2015)