Dr. Beavis completed his medical degree and Orthopaedic Surgery residency training at the University of Saskatchewan where he now is a Clinical Assistant Professor of Surgery and Director of Surgical Skills and Simulation. Following residency he went on to pursue fellowship training in Orthopaedic trauma in Scotland followed by Arthroscopy and Sports Medicine fellowships at the Pan Am Clinic in Winnipeg and in Dallas, Texas. He completed his Diploma in Sport Medicine through the Canadian Academy of Sport Medicine and currently has an Orthopaedic Sports Medicine practice in Saskatoon.
As a team physician with Hockey Canada’s National Junior and Under-18 teams, Skate Canada’s National team and Wrestling Canada he has cared for Canadian athletes at events in 12 different countries including 3 World Championships. He is involved locally as Team Physician for the Saskatchewan Rush (NLL) and the University of Saskatchewan Huskies Hockey and Wrestling teams. He is currently on the Board of Directors for the Canadian Orthopaedic Association, President of the Saskatchewan Academy of Sports Medicine and Vice-President of the Sports Medicine and Science Council of Saskatchewan. He is a proud husband to Lauren and father to Malynn and Bobby.
- Assistant Professor of Surgery, Division of Orthopedic Surgery, Department of Surgery, College of Medicine, University of Saskatchewan
- Director, Surgical Skills and Simulation, Department of Surgery, College of Medicine, University of Saskatchewan
- Staff Orthopedic Surgeon, Saskatchewan Health Authority
- 2008 - Diploma in Sport Medicine, Canadian Academy of Sport Medicine
- 2008 - Plano Arthroscopy and Sports Medicine Fellowship, Plano, Texas
- 2007 - Pan Am Sports Medicine and Upper Extremity Fellowship, Winnipeg, Manitoba
- 2006 - Edinburgh Orthopaedic Trauma Fellowship, Edinburgh, Scotland
- 2005 - Fellow of the Royal College of Surgeons of Canada (Orthopaedic Surgery)
- 2005 - Orthopaedic Surgery Residency, University of Saskatchewan, Saskatoon, Saskatchewan
- 2000 - Doctor of Medicine (with Great Distinction) University of Saskatchewan, Saskatoon, Saskatchewan
Manuscripts in Peer Reviewed Journals:
- Mollison SW, Beavis RC, Glogau AI, Shin JJ. Postoperative Rehabilitation after Rotator Cuff Repair: A Web-Based Survey of AOSSM and AANA Members. Ortho J Sports Med 2017; 5(1): DOI: 10.1177/2325967116684775
- Aly AR, Rajeskaran S, Mohamed A, Beavis C, Obaid H. Feasibility of ultrasound-guided percutaneous tenotomy of the long head of the biceps tendon – A pilot cadaveric study. J Clin Ultrasound 2015; 43(6):361-6.
- Rajeskaran S, Beavis C, Aly A, Leswick D. Utility of ultrasound in detecting anterior compartment thickness changes in chronic exertional compartment syndrome: a pilot study. Clin J Sport Med 2013; 23(4):305-11.
- Schültke E, Kelly ME, Nemoz C, Fiedler S, Ogieglo L, Crawford P, Paterson J, Beavis C, Esteve F, Brochard T, Renier M, Requardt H, Dallery D, Le Duc G, Meguro K. Dual energy CT at the synchrotron: A piglet model for neurovascular research. Eur J Radiol 2011; 79(2):323-327.
- Rapley JH, Beavis RC and Barber FA. Glenohumeral Chondrolysis following Shoulder Arthroscopy Associated with Continuous Bupivacaine Infiltration. Arthroscopy 2009; 25(12):1367-73.
- Barber FA, Herbert MA and Beavis RC. Load and failure behavior of 6 arthroscopic knots and 8 high strength sutures. Arthroscopy 2009; 25(2): 192-199.
- Barber FA, Schroder FA, Barrera Oro F and Beavis RC. FasT-Fix meniscal repair: mid-term results. Arthroscopy 2008; 24(12):1342-1348.
- Beavis RC, Rourke K and Court-Brown C. Avulsion fracture of the calcaneal tuberosity: a case report and review of the literature. Foot Ankle Int 2008; 29(8):863-866.
- Barber FA, Herbert MA, Beavis RC and Barrera-Oro F. Suture anchor materials, eyelets and designs: Update 2008. Arthroscopy 2008; 24(8):859-867.
- Kelly ME, Beavis RC, Fiorella D, Schultke ES, Allen LA, Juurlink B, Zhong Z and Chapman LD. Analyzer-based imaging of spine fusion in an animal model. Physics in Medicine and Biology 2008; 53(10):2607-2616.
- Beavis RC and MacDonald PB. Staphylococcus aureus septicemia secondary to hand abrasions in a professional hockey player – a case report. Clin J Sport Med 2008; 18(2):174-175.
- Kelly ME, Coupal DJ, Beavis RC, Schulke E, Romanchuk K, Juurlink BHJ, Zhong Z, Chapman LD. Diffraction enhanced imaging of a porcine eye. Can J Ophthal 2007; 42(5):731-733.
- Robinson CM, Akhtar A, Mitchell M and Beavis C. Complex posterior fracture-dislocations of the shoulder: epidemiology, injury patterns and results of operative treatment. J Bone Joint Surg (Am) 2007; 89(7):1454-1466.
- Kelly ME, Beavis RC, Fourney DR, Schultke E, Parham C, Juurlink BHJ, Zhong Z, Chapman LD. Diffraction enhanced imaging of the rat spine. Can Assoc Rad J 2006; 57(4):204-211.
- Beavis RC and Classen DA. Hand trauma in shop class. J Pediatr Orthop 2006; 26(1):36-38.
- Kelly ME, Beavis RC and Hattingh S. Spontaneous spinal epidural hematoma during pregnancy: a case report and review of the literature. Can J Neuro Sci 2005; 32(3):361-365.
- Beavis C: Clavicle fractures. In: D. Johnson [Ed.] McGinty’s Operative Arthroscopy. 4th Ed. Lippincott, Williams and Williams, 2012.
- Beavis RC and Barber FA. Surgical management of acute patellar tendon rupture. Tech Knee Surg 2009; 8(3):194-200.
- Beavis RC and Barber FA. Elmslie-Trillat procedure. Tech Knee Surg 2009; 8(2): 98-103.
- Barber FA and Beavis RC. Primary Patellar Tendon Repair with GraftJacket augmentation – a Technique Report. Practical Arthroscopy 2007; 12(8): 1065-1069.
- Aadland H, Besserer F and Beavis RC. Emergency department discharge and follow-up of first time anterior glenohumeral dislocations. Clin J Sports Med 2017; 27(3):e35-e39.
- Rajasekaran S, Beavis C, Aly A, Leswick D, Kanigan N, Selk B, Lim H. Using ultrasonography to diagnose chronic exertional compartment syndrome. Clin J Sport Med 2012; 22(3):296.
- Van Der Merwe J, Beavis RC, Johnston G. Assessment of patient satisfaction with the day surgery program at the Royal University Hospital, Saskatoon, SK. J Bone Joint Surg Br 2011; 93-B:suppl IV:582.
- Kelly M, Beavis RC, Fourney D, Allen L, Schultke E, Juurlink B, Zhong Z and Chapman D. Synchrotron analysis of spine fusion with diffraction enhanced imaging. Can J Surg 2005; 48 Suppl 1:6-7.
- Beavis C, Kelly M, Allen L, Yong-Hing K, Juurlink B and Chapman D. Diffraction enhanced imaging of the spine – application of a novel synchrotron technology. COA Bulletin Feb/Mar 2005; 68:10.
- Kelly M, Schultke E, Beavis C, Fourney D, Griebel R and Chapman D. Synchrotron supported imaging of the rat spinal column and spinal cord: a feasibility study in an animal model. Can J Neuro Sci 2004; 31(2) Suppl 1:S11.