Lissa Peeling was born and raised in Weyburn, Saskatchewan. Before joining the Division of Neurosurgery at the University of Saskatchewan, Dr. Peeling held fellowship at Stony Brook University Medical Centre, in Endovascular and Cerebrovascular Neurosurgery. She has an MD and a B.Sc. in Physiology both from the University of Saskatchewan.
- Associate Professor of Surgery, Division of Neurosurgery, Department of Surgery, College of Medicine, University of Saskatchewan
- Adjunct Professor, College of Graduate Studies and Research, University of Saskatchewan
- Program Director, Neurosurgery Residency Training, Department of Surgery, College of Medicine, University of Saskatchewan
- Endovascular Neurosurgeon, Saskatchewan Cerebrovascular Centre
Postgraduate training and appointments:
- July 2006 - June 2008: Endovascular and Cerebrovascular Neurosurgery Fellow, State University of New York
- October 2006 - June 2008: Clinical Educator of Neurosurgery, Department of Neurological Surgery and Department of Radiology, State University of New York
- January 2011 - June 2011: Research Scientist, Department of Neurologocal Surgery, State University of New York
- July 2005 - June 2006: Endovascular and Cerebrovascular Neurosurgery Fellow, University of Saskatchewan
- July 2010 - December 2010: Staff Neurosurgeon, Regina Qu'Appelle Health Region
- 2009 - 2010: Chief Resident, Division of Neurosurgery, Royal University Hospital
- 2004 - 2010: Resident, Neurosurgery, Royal University Hospital, Saskatoon
- Royal College of Physicians and Surgeons of Canada, Neurosurgery Fellowship Exam (2010)
- United States Medical Licensing Exam Step 1 & 2 (2010)
- B.Sc. Physiology, University of Saskatchewan, May 2000
- M.D., University of Saskatchewan, May 2004
- Syed Uzair Ahmed, Jenna Mann, Jeremie Houde, Evan Barber, Michael E Kelly, Lissa Peeling. Permanent Implantation of the Solitaire Device as a Bailout Technique for Large Vessel Intracarnial Occlusions. Journal of NeuroInterventional Surgery; Ischemic Stroke; Case Series.
- Peeling L, Fiorella D. Balloon-Assisted Distal Positioning of Intracranial Guide Catheters to Overcome Extreme Cervical Carotid Tortuosity: Technique and Case Experience, J Neurointerv Surg, 2014, Mar; 6(2): p.129-133
- Fiorella D, Peeling L, Denice C, Sarmiento M, Woo H. Integrated Flat Detector Computed tomographic and Live Fluoroscopic Guided External Ventricular Drain Placement within the Neuroangiography Suite. Journal of Neurointerventional Surgery, epub. July 2013.
- Nelson P, Fiorella D, Peeling L. Flow Diverting Stents In the Treatment of Intracranial Aneurysms,Interventional Neuroradiology, Robertson & Murphy, Editors (submitted).
- Peeling L, Al-Mufti F, Perkins C, Woo H, Fiorella D. Efficacy and Safety of Emergent Carotid Stenting in the Setting of Acute Ischemic Stroke, 2012 – In submission
- Peeling L, Woo H, Fiorella D. Pipeline Embolization of Ruptured Blister Aneurysms of the Anterior Circulation – In submission.
- Sadasivan C, Peeling L, Dholakia R, Woo H, Fiorella D, Lieber B. Intra-carotid Balloon Height does not Correlate with Aneurysm Dimensions in the Rabbit Elastase-Induced Aneurysm Model – In submission.
- Peeling, L, Woo H, Fiorella D. A Review of Endovascular Devices, 2011 (Chapter, awaiting publication)
- Fourney, DR, Peeling, LM, and Demonte, F, Skull and skull base tumors: Neoplasms of the paranasal sinuses, in Youmans neurological surgery, R Winn, Editor. 2011, Elsevier Saunders: Philadelphia, PA.
- Schültke E, Kelly M, Nemoz C, Fiedler C, Ogieglo L, Crawford P, Paterson J, Beavis C, Esteve F, Brochard T, Renier M, Requardt H, Dallery D, Le Duc G, Meguro K: Dual Energy CT at the Synchrotron, A Piglet Model for Neurovascular Research. Eur J Radiol, 2011. 79(2): p. 323-327.
- Peeling, LM, Frangou, E, Hentschel, S, Gokaslan, Z, and Fourney, DR, Refinements to the simultaneous anterior-posterior approach to the throracolumbar spine - technical note. J Neurosurg Spine, 2010, 12(5): p. 456-461.
- Peeling, LM, Hentschel, S, Fox, R, and Fourney, DR, Intraoperative spinal cord and nerve root monitoring: A survey of Canadian spine surgeons. Can J Surg, 2010, 53(5): p. 324- 328.
- Hentschel, SJ and Ogieglo, LM, Olfactory groove meningiomas, in Neurosurgery case review: Questions and answers, R Nadar and AJ Sabbagh, Editors. 2010, Thieme: New York.
- Schultke, E, Fiedler, S, Nemoz, C, Ogieglo, LM, Kelly, ME, Crawford, P, Esteve, F, Brochard, T, Renier, M, Requardt, H, Le Duc, G, Juurlink, B, and Meguro, KM, Synchrotron-based intra-venous k-edge digital subtraction angiography in a pig model: A feasibility study. Eur J Radiol, 2010. 73(3): p. 677-681.
- Frangou, EM, Tynan, JR, Robinson, CA, Ogieglo, LM, and Vitali, A, Metastatic craniopharyngioma, case report and literature review. Childs Nerv Syst, 2009. 25(9): p. 1143-1147.
- Tellez-Zenteno, JF, Sadanand, V, Riesberry, M, Robinson, C, Ogieglo, LM, Masiowski, P, and Vrbancic, M,Epilepsy surgery in elderly: An unusual case of a 75 year old man with recurrent status epilepticus. Epileptic Disord, 2009. 11(2): p. 144-149.