Dr. Meguro completed his residency training in Neurosurgery in Toronto. He obtained fellowship expertise in neurovascular surgery under Dr. Charles Drake in London, Ontario. He worked for many years in Japan, and has recently moved back to Canada. He has a special interest in surgery for cerebral aneurysms, arteriovenous malformations, and carotid artery stenosis.
- Associate Professor, Division of Neurosurgery, Department of Surgery, College of Medicine, University of Saskatchewan
- Head, Division of Neurosurgery, Department of Surgery, College of Medicine, University of Saskatchewan
Postgraduate training and appointment:
- March 1974: Graduated from Chiba University, School of Medicine
- April 1974 - December 1976: Resident, Division of Neurosurgery, Chiba University, Japan
- January 1977 - June 1979: Resident, Division of Neurosurgery, University of Toronto
- July 1979 – June 1981: Research fellow (cerebrovascular surgery), Division of Neurosurgery, University of Western Ontario
- July 1981 - December 1983: Resident, Division of Neurosurgery, University of Toronto
- 1983: LMCC examination and Royal College Examination (Neurosurgery)
- January 1984 - January 1985: Neurosurgeon, Tsukuba Memorial Hospital
- February 1985 - March 2002: Chief, Division of Neurosurgery, Tsukuba Medical Centre, Clinical Professor (Neurosurgery), Institute of Clinical Medicine, University of Tsukuba, Co-Medical Director, Tsukuba Medical Centre
Degrees and certifications:
- M.D. (Chiba University, School of Medicine)
- Fellow of Royal College of Surgeons of Canada (Neurosurgery)
- Certified neurosurgeon of Japanese Neurosurgical Society
- Schültke E, Kelly ME, Nemoz C, Fiedler S, Ogieglo L, Crawford P, Paterson J, Beavis C, Esteve F, Brochard T, Renier M, Requardt H, Dallery D, Le Duc G, Meguro K. Dual energy CT at the synchrotron: A piglet model for neurovascular research. Eur J Radiol. 2010 Aug 21. [Epub ahead of print]
- Schültke E, Fiedler S, Nemoz C, Ogieglo L, Kelly ME, Crawford P, Esteve F, Brochard T, Renier M, Requardt H, Le Duc G, Juurlink B, Meguro K.Synchrotron-based intra-venous K-edge digital subtraction angiography in a pig model: a feasibility study. European Journal of Radiology. 73(3):677-81. Epub 2009 Feb 23.
- Ali K, Lu Y, Das U, Sharma RK, Wiebe S, Meguro K, Sadanand V, Fourney DR, Vitali A, Kelly M, May T, Gomez J, Pellerin E. Biomolecular diagnosis of human glioblastoma multiforme using Synchrotron mid-infrared spectromicroscopy. Int J Mol Med. 2010 Jul;26(1):11-6.
- Ali K, Lu Y, Christensen C, May T, Hyett C, Griebel R, Fourney DR, Meguro K, Resch L, Sharma RK: Fourier transform infrared spectromicroscopy and hierarchical cluster analysis of human meningiomas. Int J Mol Med 21(3):297-301, 2008.
- Schultke E, Fiedler S, Kelly M, Griebel R, Juurlink B, LeDuc G, Esteve F, LeBas J-F, SaRenier M, Nemoz C,Meguro K. The potential for neurovascular intravenous angiography using K-edge digital subtraction angiography. Nucl Instr Methods Resarch Phys A 548:84-87, 2005.
- Szkup P, Kelly M, Meguro K: Indirect carotid-cavernous fistula - embolism using the superior opthalmic vein approach. South African J Radiol 9:23-26, 2005. No abstract available.
- Lu Y, Selvakumar P, Ali K, Shrivastav A, Bajaj G, Resch L, Griebel R, Fourney DR, Meguro K, Sharma RK.Expression of N-myristoyltransferase in human brain tumors. Neurochem Res. 2005 Jan;30(1):9-13.
- Wu AS, Griebel RW, Meguro K, Fourney DR: Spinal subdural empyema after a dural tear. Case report.Neurosurg Focus. 2004 Dec 15;17(6):e10.
- Fukuda I, Imazuru T, Osaka M, Watanabe K, Meguro K, Wada M: Thrombolytic therapy for delayed, in-hospital stroke after cardiac surgery. Ann Thorac Surg. 2003 Oct;76(4):1293-5.
- Yanaka K, Fujita K, Noguchi S, Matsumaru Y, Asakawa H, Anno I, Meguro K, Nose T: Intraoperative angiographic assessment of graft patency during extracranial-intracranial bypass procedures. Neurol Med Chir (Tokyo). 2003 Oct;43(10):509-12; discussion 513.
- Yanaka K, Asakawa H, Noguchi S, Matsumaru Y, Hyodo A, Anno I, Meguro K, Nose T: Intraoperative angiography evaluation of the microsurgical clipping of unruptured cerebral aneurysms. Neuro Med Chir(Tokyo)2002 May;42(5):193-200.
- Yanaka K, Meguro K, Nose T: Repair of a tear at the base of a blister-like aneurysm with suturing and an encircling clip:technical note. Neurosurgery 2002 Jan;50(1)218-221.