Dr. D. Nathan Ginther is an academic colorectal & acute care surgeon at the University of Saskatchewan. He is certified by the Royal College of Surgeons of Canada and the American Board of Surgery. His clinical interests are in advanced minimally invasive colorectal surgery, endoluminal surgery, pelvic floor disorders, and international surgery. His research interests are evolving but are primarily in outcomes of treatment of benign and malignant colorectal disease.
- 2017 - Colon & Rectal Surgery Fellowship, University of Manitoba
- 2016 - General Surgery Residency, University of Saskatchewan
- 2011 - Doctor of Medicine, University of Saskatchewan
- 2007 - Bachelor of Science (with Great Distinction), University of Saskatchewan
- How accurate is MRI at Predicting Early Rectal Cancers that can be treated with Upfront Surgery? Ginther DN, Neumann K, Kirkpatrick I, Radulovic D, Randhawa N, Hochman DJ, Yip B, Silverman R, Park J. American Society of Colon and Rectal Surgeons Scientific Meeting, Seattle, WA, June 2017.
- Functional Outcomes after Rectal Surgery: Comparison of two validated bowel function instruments and associations with quality of life. Park J, Clouston-Chambers K, Ginther DN, Yip B, Helewa RM, Silverman R, Hochman DJ. American Society of Colon and Rectal Surgeons Meeting, Seattle, WA, June 2017.
- Quitting surgical specialty residencies — attitudes and factors in Canada. Adams ST, Ginther DN, Neuls ED, Hayes P. Can Journal of Surgery [pending publication].
- Review of nonoperative management of acute uncomplicated appendicitis in the Saskatoon Health Region. Barber E, Neuls E, Ginther DN, Mueller S. Can Journal of Surgery [abstract]. August, 2016.
- Thoughts of Quitting General Surgery Residency: Factors in Canada. Ginther DN, Dattani S, Miller S, Hayes P. Journal of Surgical Education, March/April 2016, 73 (2).
- Unexpected intra-operative diagnosis of a large cystic phaeochromocytoma and secondary nifedipine pharmacobezoar. Ginther DN. Kriegler S. Kanthan R. Shaw JM. South African Journal of Surgery. 50(3):98-9, 2012.
- Two Months in Africa- Experiences and Reflections after an Elective in Kenya. Ginther, DN. Journal of the Surgical Humanities. Fall, 2014.