- Irreversible Electroporation (NanoKnife): Clinical program and research
- Pancreatic Cancer
- Kidney Transplantation
- Research in machine cold perfusion preservation of kidneys for transplant
- Organ donor awareness
- Medical Education
- Tumor Ablation Technologies
- Biomedical Engineering
- Associate Professor, Department of Surgery, College of Medicine, University of Saskatchewan (with tenure)
- Associate member, Department of Pharmacy and Nutrition, University of Saskatchewan
- Associate member, Department of Biomedical Engineering, University of Saskatchewan
- Bachelor of Science, University of Alberta, Biochemistry / Biostatistics.
- Doctor of Medicine, University of Alberta, with Distinction and Honors in Research.
- Masters of Science in Experimental Surgery, Universities of Alberta and Manitoba, Thesis: Preoperative treatments in cirrhotic liver resection.
- Fellow of the Royal College of Surgeons of Canada (FRCSC), University of Alberta
- Fellowship in Liver and Kidney Transplantation (ASTS accredited) and Hepatobiliary Surgery, University of Western Ontario
- 2011 PAIRS Resident Teacher of the Year for 2011, Professional Association of Interns and Residents of Saskatchewan
- 2008 Saskatoon Physician Teacher of the Year, Medicine Class of 2008
- 2006 Haig Undergraduate Surgery Teaching Award, Department of Surgery
- Conlon L, Baig Z, Moser M. What information are patients receiving from the Internet about the operative and nonoperative management of acute appendicitis? Dig Surg 2020; 37(6): 480-487.
- Moser M, Schmid S, Sawicka K, Banerjee T, McNair E, Sawicka J, Bil-Lula I, Sawicki G. Pre-arrest doxycycline protects donation after circulatory death kidneys. Sci Rep 2020 Dec 17; 10(1): 222-227.
- Papneja N, Zaidi A, Chalchal H, Moser M, Tan K, Olson C, Haider K, Shaw J, Ahmed S. Comparisons of Outcomes of Real-World Patients With Advanced Pancreatic Cancer Treated With FOLFIRINOX Versus Gemcitabine and Nab-Paclitaxel. Pancreas. 2019 Jun 7.
- Zhang, B., Yang, Y., Ding, L., Moser, M. A., Zhang, E. M., & Zhang, W. (2019). Tumor Ablation Enhancement by Combining Radiofrequency Ablation and Irreversible Electroporation: An In Vitro 3D Tumor Study. Annals of biomedical engineering, 47(3), 694-705.
- Dang, Z., Moser, M. A., Zhang, E., Zhang, W., & Zhang, B. (2019). Design of a novel electrode of radiofrequency ablation for large tumors: In vitro validation and evaluation. Journal of biomechanical engineering, 141(3).
- Xu A, Zhang L, Yuan J, Babikr F, Freywald A, Chibbar R, Moser M, Zhang W, Zhang B, Fu Z, Xiang J. TLR9 agonist enhances radiofrequency ablation-induced CTL responses, leading to potent inhibition of primary tumor growth and lung metastases. Cellular and Molecular Immunology. 2018 Nov. Epub 2018 Nov.
- Sawicka K, Hassan N, Budd A, Wall C, Banerjee T, Lim J, Mondal P, Barton J, Moser M. Direction of the biopsy needle in ultrasound-guided renal biopsy impacts specimen adequacy and risk of bleeding. Canadian Association of Radiologists Journal. 2018 Nov. Epub 2019 Mar 27. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.carj.2018.11.006.
- Yang Y, Ding L, Moser M, Zhang E, Zhang W, Zhang B. Tumor ablation enhancement by combining radiofrequency ablation and irreversible electroporation: An In Vitro 3D tumor study. Annals of Biomedical Engineering. 2018 Sep.
- Thiessen L, MacDonell S, Wall C, Jacob P, Shoker A, Moser M. Transplant renal vein thrombosis in a recipient with aberrant venous anatomy. CEN Case Reports. 2018 May. Epub 2018 May. https://doi.org/10.1007/s13730-018-0340-3.
- Yang Y, Moser M, Zhang E, Zhang W, Zhang B. Optimization of electrode configuration and pulse strength in Irreversible Electroporation for large ablation volumes without thermal damage. Journal of Engineering and Science in Medical Diagnostics and Therapy. 2018 May;1(2):1-8.
- Fang J, Moser MAJ, Zhang B, Zhang E, Zhang W. Design of a novel electrode for radiofrequency ablation for large tumors: A finite element study. ASME Journal. 2017 Sep.
- Zhang B, Moser M, Xiang J, Zhang E, Zhang W. An In Vitro experimental study of the pulse delivery method in irreversible electroporation. J Eng Sci Med Diag Ther. 2017 Sep.
- Moser M, Sawicka K, Arcand S, O'brien P, Luke P, Beck G, Sawicka J, Cohen A, Sawicki G. Proteomic analysis of perfusate from machine cold perfusion of transplant kidneys: insights into protection from injury. Annals of Transplantation. 2017 Jul.
- Moser MAJ, Ginther N, Luo Y, Beck G, Ginther R, Ewen M, Matsche-Neufeld R, Shoker A, Sawicki G. Early experience with hypothermic machine perfusion of living donor kidneys. Transplant International. 2017 Jul;30(7):706-712.
- Zhang, B., Moser, M. A., Zhang, E. M., Luo, Y., & Zhang, W. (2017). A new approach to feedback control of radiofrequency ablation systems for large coagulation zones. International Journal of Hyperthermia, 33(4), 367-377.