- Pediatric arthritis and rheumatic-related diseases
Dr. Rosenberg, a pediatric rheumatologist, provides care to Saskatchewan children and youth with various forms of arthritis and related rheumatic diseases. The Pediatric Rheumatology Clinical Program coordinates comprehensive multidisciplinary care at the Royal University Hospital and throughout Saskatchewan via travelling and telehealth clinics. Dr. Rosenberg also provides care for children with immunologic, including immunodeficiency disorders.
Dr. Rosenberg also directs the activities of The Pediatric Rheumatic Disease Laboratory at the University of Saskatchewan. For more than two decades the Laboratory has maintained an active research program.
Current Research Studies:
- Biologically-based outcome predictors in juvenile idiopathic arthritis
- Discoverying the earliest origins of health and disease
- Intrauterine inflammation as a precursor for future disease
- The role of vitamin D in inflammatory-mediated diseases of childhood
- A comprehensive longitudinal epidemiologic study of childhood rheumatic diseases in Saskatchewan
- Antinuclear autoantibodies in juvenile arthritis
- Immunopathogenesis of uveitis
- Collagen immunity in the childhood rheumatic diseases
- Induction of autoantibodies by environmental toxins
- Therapy of localized scleroderma
- Pediatric Rheumatology (various forms of arthritis and related rheumatic diseases)
- Pediatric Immmunology (including immunodeficiency disorders)
1. McNally JD, Matheson LM, Rosenberg AM: Epidemiologic considerations in unexplained pediatric arthralgia: The role of season, school, and stress. J Rheumatol (accepted)
2. Matheson LA, Duong TT, Rosenberg AM, Rae SM Yeung. Assessment of sample collection and storage methods for multicenter immunologic research in children. J Immunol Meth (In Press)
3. McNally JD, Matheson LM, Rosenberg AM: Capillary blood sampling as an alternative to
4. venipuncture in the assessment of serum 25 hydroxyvitamin D levels. J Steroid Biochem Mol Biology (In Press)
5. Rajakumar D, Rosenberg AM: Mycobacterium Tuberculosis Monoarthritis in a Child. Journal of Pediatric Rheumatology (In press)
6. Shapiro C, Maenz L, Hossain Md, Pahwa P, Rosenberg AM: Onset to First Visit Intervals in Childhood Rheumatic Diseases. 2007. J Rheumatol 34:1913-1917
7. Compeyrot-Lacassagne S, Rosenberg AM, Babyn P, Laxer RM: Pamidronate in the treatment of chronic non infectious inflammatory lesions of the mandible in children. 2007. J Rheumatol 34:1585-9
8. Semchuk KM, Rosenberg AM, Mcduffie, HH, Cessna AJ, Pahwa P, Irvine DG: Antinuclear antibodies and bromoxynil exposure in a rural sample. 2007. Journal of Toxicology and Environmental Health 70:638-57
9. Rosenberg, AM: Longitudinal analysis of a childhood rheumatic disease clinic population. 2005. J Rheumatol 32:1192-2001
10. Badea I, Verrall R, Baca-Estrada M, Tikoo S, Rosenberg A, Kumar P, Foldvari M: In vivo cutaneous interferon-gamma gene delivery using novel dicationic (Gemini) surfactant-pasmid complexes. J Gene Med 2005 7:1200-1214
11. Oen K, Mallesion PN, Cabral DA, Rosenberg AM, Petty RE, Nickerson P, Reed M: Cytokine genotypes correlate with pain and radiologically define joint damage in patients with juvenile rheumatoid arthritis. 2005. Rheumatology 44:1115-1121
12. Biologically-based Outcome Predictors in Juvenile Idiopathic Arthritis. Canadian Institutes of Health Research, The Arthritis Society, and the Canadian Arthritis Network.
13. Saskatchewan Rheumatology Research Initiative: Group Facilitation Grant, Saskatchewan Health Research Foundation,
14. Childhood Antecedents of Rheumatic Diseases. Arthritis Society (Saskatchewan Division).
15. Intrauterine Antecedents of Inflammation Mediated Disease. Saskatchewan Health Research Foundation.