- General Pediatrics
- Pediatric Pain Management
- Interprofessional Collaboration
- Patient and Family-Centered Care
- Dr. Krista Baerg is a consultant pediatrician and associate professor of pediatrics at the University of Saskatchewan. Prior to entering medicine, she completed a bachelor of science in nursing and worked as a nurse in northern Canada.
- She is a member of the Saskatchewan Health Authority- Saskatoon Pediatric Pain Interprofessional Practice Council and Newborn Jaundice Working Group.
- She is a member of the Canadian Pediatric Society. She has served on the executive and as President (2015-2017) of the Section of Community Pediatrics, the Public Education Sub-Committee, and the Action Committee for Children and Youth.
- Dr. Krista Baerg is a member of the Chronic Pain Network, a CIHR-funded patient oriented chronic disease network. More information can be found here. She led the Canadian Surveillance Project on Complex Regional Pain Syndrome in Children and Youth, a sub-project of the Chronic Pain Network.
Specialized Clinical Services:
- General Pediatric Clinical Teaching Unit - In-patient management of general pediatric patients 0-17 years requiring hospitalization on the Acute Care Pediatrics ward
- Consultant Pediatrician, Ambulatory Services - Specialized clinics for children at Pediatric Outpatients, Royal University Hospital
- Interdisciplinary Pediatric Complex Pain Clinic. This clinic provides integrated care for children and youth with functional impairment (eg school absence) due to complex pain.
- General Pediatric Call Services - essential service call
- Privacy Officer, Department of Pediatrics (2012-2013)
- Acute Care Pediatrics and PICU/Observation Unit Planning Teams, Children’s Hospital of Saskatchewan (2010 – 2014)
- Medical Director and Division Head, General Pediatrics (2008 – 2014)
- Saskatoon Health Region Pediatric Pain Management Interprofessional Practice Council (2004 – present)