- Vitamin D
- Eating Disorders
- General Pediatrics
About Dr. Karen Leis
Dr. Karen S. Leis completed medical school (2001-2005) as well as her core years of pediatric residency training at the University of Saskatchewan. She then pursued a General Academic Pediatric Medicine fellowship through the University of Ottawa at the Children's Hospital of Eastern Ontario (2008-2010).
She is now a Clinical Assistant Professor at the University of Saskatchewan, and works at the Royal University Hospital doing consulting outpaitent and inpatient general pediatrics. She is actively involved in teaching undergraduate and postgraduate trainees, and is current the Acting Assistant Program Director for the Pediatric Residency Program.
- General Pediatric Medicine
- Social Pediatrics
- Global Health
- Eating Disorders
1. Leis KS, McNally JD, Montgomery MR, Sankaran K, Karunanayake C, Rosenberg AM. Vitamin D Intake in Children with Acute Lower Respiratory Infection. Translational Pediatrics, 2012;1(1):6-14.
2. McNally JD, Leis KS, Matheson L, Karuananyake C, Sankaran K, Rosenberg A. Vitamin D Deficiency in Young Children with Severe Acute Lower Respiratory Infection. Pediatric Pulmonology, 2009;44(10):981-8.
3. Leis KS, McNally JD, Montgomery MR, Rosenberg AM, Sankaran K. Vitamin D and Acute Lower Respiratory Infection in Saskatchewan Children. [Abstract]. Paediatrics & Child Health, 2009;14(Supplement A): Abstract #115.
4. Leis KS, Reeder B, Chad KE, Spink KS, Fisher KL, Bruner BG. The Relationship of Chronic Disease and Demographic Variables to Physical Activity in a Sample of Women Aged 65 to 79 Years. Women & Health, 2010;50(5):459-474.
5. Leis KS, Reeder BA, Chad KE, Spink K, Harrison EL, Fisher KL, Lindstrom BG, Lawson JA, Ashworth NL, Schultz S, Sheppard MS. Chronic Disease Correlates of Physical Activity in Women Aged 65 to 79 Years. [Abstract]. Journal of Aging and Physical Activity, 2004;12(3): Abstract #103.