- Prehospital Care
- Medical Simulation
- Medical Education
Research in Progress:
- 2012 - 2013 Angelski C, Grewal S, Dixon A, Thomas D, Enarson M. Evaluation of a Longitudinal Simulation Curriculum inthe Pediatric Emergency Department. Manuscript under peer-review.
- 2011 – 2013 Lee J, Ali S, Cheng A, Angelski C, Allain D. High-Fidelity Simulation in Pediatric Emergency Medicine: A survey of facilitator comfort and practice. Co-Investigator
- 2010 – Present Duff J, Forbes K, Angelski C, King S. Incorporating High-Fidelity simulation in a pediatric OSCE.Co-Investigator
Dr. Carla Angelski was born and raised in Saskatchewan, and is excited to be returning to her home province. She completed medical school at the University of Saskatchewan (2001 - 2005) and made the trek out to Halifax, NS where she completed her pediatric residency and Pediatric Emergency Medicine (PEM) Fellowship at Dalhousie University (2005 - 2010). Carla has worked as a PEM physician more recently at the Stollery Children's Hospital in Edmonton, AB from 2010 - 2013. Although sad to say good-bye to the faculty at the University of Alberta, she looks forward to being part of the Department of Pediatrics and the PEM team here in Saskatoon.
Recently, Dr. Angelski completed her Masters in Medical Education through the University of Alberta.
1. Lee J, Cheng A, Angelski C, Allian D, Ali S. High Fidelity Simulation in Pediatric Emergency Medicine: A National Survey of Facilitator Comfort and Practice. PEC 2015; 31(4): 260-265.
2. Kundra M, Angelski C. Complications of Multiple Magnet Ingestion. Consultant for Pediatricians. September 2012;11(9):275-77.
3. Angelski C. Pediatric Trauma. Global Health Emergency Medicine Teaching Modules. July 2012
4. Angelski C, Fernandez CV, Weijer C, Gao J. The publication of ethically uncertain research: Attitudes and practices of journal editors. BMC Med Ethics. April 2012; 13(4). doi: 10.1186/1472-6939-13-4.URL: http//ww.biomedcentral.com/1472-6939/13/4
5. Angelski C, Mackay E, Blackie BJ. A case of functional asplenia and pneumococcal sepsis. July 2011. 27(11):639-641.
6. Angelski C, Black K, Taylor B. A survey of emergency physicians re: utilization of femoral nerve and fascia iliaca compartment blockade for pediatric mid-shaft femoral fractures. CJEM 2010;12(3):229-78 (abstract)
7. Mela MA, Marcoux E, Baetz M, Griffin R, Angelski C, Deqiang G. The effects of religiosity and spirituality on psychological well-being among forensic psychiatric patients in Canada. Mental Health, Religion & Culture. July 2008. 11(5):517-532.
Manuscripts in Preparation:
2013 Angelski C, Grewal S, Dixon A, Thomas D, Enarson M. Evaluation of a Longitudinal Simulation Curriculum in the Pediatric Emergency Department. Manuscript under peer-review.