- Pediatric neurocritical care
- Noninvasive cerebral monitoring
- Prehospital management
- Cerebral autoregulation
Education and Certification
- 2013 - Pediatric Neurocritical Care – Lurie Children’s Hospital of Chicago
- 2012 - Pediatric Intensive Care – University of Alberta
- 2012 - Master of Public Health – Johns Hopkins University
- 2010 - Pediatrics – University of Alberta
- 2005 - Doctor of Medicine – University of Alberta
- 2001 - Master of Science – University of Alberta
My research interests are primarily in pediatric neurocritical care, including the management of acute traumatic brain injury, noninvasive cerebral monitoring, prehospital management, and cerebral autoregulation.
1. Hansen G, Sellers E, Beer D, Vallance JK, Clark I. Ultrasonography of optic nerve sheath diameter in patients with diabetic ketoacidosis. Canadian Journal of Diabetes. 2016. 40: 126 – 130.
2. Hansen G, McDonald P, Martin D, Vallance JK. Pre-trauma Center Management of Intracranial Pressure in Severe Pediatric TBI. Pediatric Emergency Care. 2016. PMID 27261957.
3. Mortimer T, Burzynski J, Kesselman M, Vallance JK, Hansen G. Apneic Oxygenation during Rapid Sequence Intubation in Critically Ill Children. Journal of Pediatric Intensive Care. JPIC. 2016. 5: 28 – 31.
4. Wainwright M, Hansen G, Piantino J. Pediatric Neurocritical Care in the 21st Century: From Empiricism to Evidence. Current Opinion in Critical Care. 2016. 22(2): 106 – 112.
5. Hansen G, Vallance JK, Beer DL, Clark I, Sellers EAC. Serial optic nerve sheath diameter ultrasonography during pediatric diabetic ketoacidosis management: a pilot study. J Diabetes Complications. 30(8): 1600 – 1602. 2016.
6. Hansen G, Beer D, Vallance JK (Accepted). The Impact of Critically Ill Pediatric Transports on Manitoba’s Rural Emergency Departments. Canadian Journal of Rural Medicine. 2016.
7. Johnson GGRJ, Zeiler FA, Unger B, Hansen G, Karakitsos, Gillman LM. (Accepted). Estimating the accuracy of optic nerve sheath diameter measurement using a pocket sized handheld ultrasound on a simulation model. Critical Ultrasound Journal. 2016.