- blood derived biomaterials, viral inactivation of plasma and platelet cancer interactions and platelet microparticles.
About Dr. Hadi Goubran-Messiha
Obtained his M.B.B.Ch. from Cairo University, Egypt and got a Master’s degree followed by an (M.D) Ph.D. in internal medicine from the same university. Trained as a hematologist at the St. Thomas’ hospital in UK and was elected Fellow of the Royal College of Physicians of Edinburgh and hosted its exam in Egypt. Completed the American exams and became a member then a Fellow of the American College of physicians.
Worked as professor of hematology at Cairo University, Egypt then moved to Canada since 2010
Joined the Saskatoon cancer centre as a hematologist and the college of medicine of the University of Saskatchewan as a clinical professor and College of Graduate studies and research as an Adjunct Professor.
Regional adviser for the Royal College of Physicians of Edinburgh in Eastern Canada.
Shared in the writing of Davidson’s clinical cases and sat on the international advisory board of the textbook and edited the book Precision Anticoagulation, Spinger also served a reviewer and editorial member for few hematology journals.
Research interests include blood derived biomaterials, viral inactivation of plasma (6 patents) and platelet cancer interactions and platelet microparticles.
Published around 50 peer reviewed articles and reviews in the last 5 years with 2485 citations since 2014.
Participated in the International Medical Education Leader Forum [IMELF] repressing the Royal College of Physicians of Edinburgh, UK in 2016, 2017 and 2018.
- Goubran H, Goubran M, Seghatchian J and Burnouf T. New Monoclonal/biclonal antibodies: Reshaping Transfusion medicine beyond replacement. Transfusion Apheresis Science – org/10.1016/j.transci.2019.03.011
- Burnouf T, Burnouf PA, Wu YW, Lu YL and Goubran H. Circulatory cell-mediated nano-therapeutic approaches in disease targeting. Drug Discovery Today – 2018 May;23(5):934-943.
- Morschhauser F, Fowler NH, Feugier P et al., For the Relevance investigators (Collaborator) Rituximab plus Lenalidomide in Advanced Untreated Follicular Lymphoma.N Engl J Med. 2018 Sep 6;379(10):934-947.
- Mohsen Elalfy, Marwa Reda, Islam Elgamry, Omar Elalfy Mohamed Meabed, Nada El-Ekiaby, Mahmoud A El-Hawy, Hadi Goubran and Magdy El-Ekiaby A Randomized multicenter study: Safety and Efficacy of Caprylic Acid-Enriched Immunoglobulin Plasma vs. standard Immunoglobulin in children aged 1-18 years with immune thrombocytopenia. Transfusion 2017 Dec;57(12):3019-3025
- Burnouf T, Cognasse F, and Goubran H. Challenges in Blood Transfusion – Section 1: Cell-derived macrovesicles/microparticles in blood components: Consequences for transfusion recipients. Hematology Education, the education program of the annual congress of the European Hematology Association- Book. June: 11(1), 2017
- Goubran H, Seghatchian J. Guest editors’ commentary: Transfusion and Alternatives Therapeutic Support for oncology Patients with Hematological Problems:” Are we doing more harm than benefit?” Transfusion Apheresis Science – Front Page Editorial Comment, Theme Transfusion and Cancer – June, 2017; 56: 272-276 - Volume on transfusion and cancer (9 articles).
- El-Ekiaby M, Vargas M, Sayed M, Gorgy G, Goubran H, Radosevic M, Burnouf T. Minipool caprylic acid fractionation of plasma using disposable equipment: a practical method to enhance immunoglobulin supply in developing countries. PLoS Negl Trop Dis. 2015 Feb 26;9(2):e0003501.
- Pennell DJ, Porter JB, Piga A, Lai Y, El-Beshlawy A, Belhoul KM, Elalfy M, Yesilipek A, Kilinç Y, Lawniczek T, Habr D, Weisskopf M, Zhang Y, Aydinok Y; CORDELIA study investigator A 1-year randomized controlled trial of deferasirox vs deferoxamine for myocardial iron removal in β-thalassemia major (CORDELIA). Blood. 2014 Mar 6;123(10):1447-54.
- Burnouf T, Goubran HA, Cho ML, Devos D and Radosevic Platelet microparticles: detection and assessment of their paradoxical functional roles in diseases and regenerative medicine. Blood Reviews, Volume 28, Issue 4, July 2014, Pages 155-166 (102 Citations).
- Goubran H, Kotb R, Stakiw J, Emara M, Thierry Burnouf. Regulation of Tumor Growth and Metastasis; the role of Tumor Microenvironment. Cancer Growth and Metastasis. June 2, 2014, 7: 9-18 (127 Citations).
- Burnouf T, Goubran H, Radosevich M Human blood-derived biomaterials and platelet growth factors in regenerative medicine – Blood Reviews, 2013; 27:77-89 (154 Citations).
- Goubran HA and Burnouf T, Radosevich M & El-Ekiaby M. The platelet-cancer loop. The European Journal of Internal Medicine. , 2013; 24: 393-400 (80 Citations).
- El-Ekiaby M, Sayed MA, Caron C, Burnouf S, El-Sharkawy N, Goubran H, Radosevich M, Goudemand J, Blum D, de Melo L, Soulié V, Adam J, Burnouf T. Solvent-detergent filtered (S/D-F) fresh frozen plasma and cryoprecipitate minipools prepared in a newly designed integral disposable processing bag system. Transfus Med. 2010 Feb;20(1):48-61.
- Burnouf T, Caron C, Radosevich M, Goubran HA, Goudemand J, El-Ekiaby M. Properties of a concentrated minipool solvent-detergent treated cryoprecipitate processed in single-use bag systems. Haemophilia. 2008 Sep;14(5):956-62
- urnouf T, M. Radosevich, H.A. Goubran, & H. Willkommen; Place of Nanofiltration in the Viral Safety of Biologicals, Current Nanoscience 2005(1): 3:189-209 (Review Editorial) (39 citations)
- Goubran HA, Burnouf T, Radosevich M; Virucidal Heat-Treatment of single plasma units: A potential approach for developing countries. Haemophilia 2000 (6), 597-604-Editorial (29 Citations)
- Burnouf T, Goubran HA, Radosevich M; Application of Bioaffinity Technology in Therapeutic Extracorporeal Plasmapheresis and Large-scale Fractionation of Human Plasma.Journal of Chromatography B, 1998; 715: 65-80 - Review article (32 citations)
- Radosevich M, Goubran HA, Burnouf T., Fibrin Sealant: Scientific Rationale, Production Methods, Properties and Current Clinical Use; Vox Sanguinis 1997; 72:133-143 – Editorial Review (448 citations).