- Movement Disorders
Dr. Alex Rajput received his MD degree with Distinction from the University of Saskatchewan in 1994. He trained in Neurology at the University of Iowa from 1994 to 1998, followed by further training at the University of Saskatchewan including a one year Clinical Movement Disorders fellowship. He received his American Board Certification in Neurology in 1999 and his FRCPC (Neurology) in 2000. Dr. Rajput joined the faculty at the University of Saskatchewan in 2000 and is a Professor in the Division of Neurology, Department of Medicine.
He has been the Director of the Movement Disorder Frozen Brain Studies Laboratory since 2003, and in 2008 was named Director of the Movement Disorders Program at the University of Saskatchewan in 2008. He has been a member of the Neurology residency training program since 2000 and was the Residency Program Director from 2005-2010. He was an Examiner for the Royal College of Physicians and Surgeons of Canada from 2010-14.
He is currently a member of the editorial board for both the Canadian Journal of Neurological Sciences and Parkinsonism and Related Disorders and also reviews articles for Neurology and Movement Disorders. He has been a member of the Parkinson Study Group since 2000 and a member of their Credentials Committee from 2010-14. Dr. Rajput was a member of the Parkinson Society of Canada Scientific Advisory Board from 2008-12. He is currently a member of the International Essential Tremor Foundation (IETF) Medical Advisory Board and the International Parkinson and Movement Disorder Society Continuing Medical Education Committee.
Dr. Rajput’s outpatient practice focuses on Parkinson’s disease, tremor, dystonia and other movement disorders, and since 2012 he has been a visiting medical staff, Regina Qu’Appelle Health Region to conduct regular movement disorders clinics in Regina. He supervises senior resident clinics on a regular basis and his outpatient clinics are often attended by residents and students. He teaches both undergraduate and postgraduate trainees and he received the Voll Award for Teaching Excellence in 2013 as voted by the Neurology residents.
Dr. Rajput has primary interest in Parkinson's disease and other parkinsonian conditions, essential tremor and dystonia. He is involved in both clinical and basic science research with local, national and international collaborators. He was trained in frozen brain tissue processing by Dr. Oleh Hornykiewicz in 2000, which has allowed for much more widespread collaborations. A recent invited paper of the Saskatchewan Movement Disorders Program was published in the Canadian Journal of Neurological Sciences in 2015.
He has authored or co-authored 16 book chapters and authored or contributed to more than 120 peer-reviewed publications. He has been invited to present locally, nationally, and internationally.
Dr. Rajput has received project funding including collaborative peer-reviewed grants from Parkinson Society Canada, CIHR, and the International Essential Tremor Foundation. The primary financial support for research activities of the Movement Disorders Program has been from the Regina Curling Classic and the Dr. Ali Rajput Endowment for Parkinson’s Disease and Movement Disorders, Royal University Hospital Foundation with significant financial contributions from the Greystone Golf Classic.
- * Shuaib UA, Rajput AH, Robinson CA, Rajput A. Neuroleptic-induced Parkinsonism: Clinicopathological study. Movement Disorders 2016 Mar;31(3):360-5.
- * Rajput AH, Rajput ML, Robinson CA, Rajput A. Normal substantia nigra patients treated with levodopa – Clinical, therapeutic and pathological observations. Parkinsonism and Related Disorders 2015;21:1232-37.
- Béliveau E, Tremblay C, Aubry-Lafontaine E, Paris-Robidas S, Delay C, Robinson C, Ferguson L, Rajput AH, Rajput A, Calon F. Accumulation of amyloid-β in the cerebellar cortex of essential tremor patients. Neurobiology of Disease 2015 Aug 5;82:397-408.
- Morin N, Morissette M, Grégoire L, Rajput A, Rajput AH, Di Paolo T. Contribution of brain serotonin subtype 1B receptors in levodopa-induced motor complications. Neuropharmacology. 2015 Aug 6;99:356-368.
- *Ferguson LW, Rajput AH, Rajput A. Early-onset vs. Late-onset Parkinson’s disease: A Clinical-pathological Study. Canadian Journal of Neurological Sciences 2015 Jul 20:1-7.
- Trinh J, Guella I, McKenzie M, Gustavsson EK, Szu-Tu C, Petersen MS, Rajput A, Rajput AH, McKeown M, Jeon BS, Aasly JO, Bardien S, Farrer MJ. Novel LRRK2 mutations in Parkinsonism. Parkinsonism and Related Disorders 2015;21:1119-21.
- ** Rajput AH, Rajput A. Saskatchewan Movement Disorders Program. Canadian Journal of Neurological Sciences 2015 Mar;42(2):74-87. doi: 10.1017/cjn.2015.13. PMID: 25804247 Free PMC Article
- Guella I, Sherman HE, Appel-Cresswell S, Rajput A, Rajput AH, Farrer MJ. Parkinsonism in GTP cyclohydrolase 1 mutation carriers. Brain 2015 May;138(Pt 5):e349.
- Gustavsson EK, Guella I, Trinh J, Szu-Tu C, Rajput A, Rajput AH, Steele JC, McKeown M, Jeon BS, Aasly JO, Farrer MJ. Genetic variability of the retromer cargo recognition complex in parkinsonism. Movement Disorders 2015 Apr;30(4):580-4.
- Gustavsson EK, Trinh J, Guella I, Vilariño-Güell C, Appel-Cresswell S, Stoessl AJ, Tsui JK, McKeown M, Rajput A, Rajput AH, Aasly JO, Farrer MJ. DNAJC13 genetic variants in parkinsonism. Movement Disorders 2015 Feb;30(2):273-8.
- Lorenzo-Betancor O, Ogaki K, Soto-Ortolaza A, Labbé C, Vilariño-Güell C, Rajput A, Rajput AH, Pastor P, Ortega S, Lorenzo E, Strongosky AJ, van Gerpen JA, Uitti RJ, Wszolek ZK, Ross OA. Analysis of nuclear export sequence regions of FUS-Related RNA-binding proteins in essential tremor. PLoS One 2014 Nov 6;9(11):e111989.
- *Respondek G, Stamelou M, Kurz C, Ferguson LW, Rajput A, Chiu WZ, van Swieten JC, Troakes C, Al Sarraj S, Gelpi E, Gaig C, Tolosa E, Oertel WH, Giese A, Roeber S, Arzberger T, Wagenpfeil S, Höglinger GU; Movement Disorder Society-endorsed PSP Study Group. The phenotypic spectrum of progressive supranuclear palsy: a retrospective multicenter study of 100 definite cases. Movement Disorders 2014 Dec;29(14):1758-66.
- *Appel-Cresswell S, Rajput AH, Sossi V, Thompson C, Silva V, McKenzie J, Dinelle K, McCormick SE, Vilariño-Güell C, Stoessl AJ, Dickson DW, Robinson CA, Farrer MJ, Rajput A. Clinical, positron emission tomography, and pathological studies of DNAJC13 p.N855S Parkinsonism. Movement Disorders 2014 Nov;29(13):1684-7.
- Rajput A, Ross JP, Bernales CQ, Rayaprolu S, Soto-Ortolaza AI, Ross OA, van Gerpen J, Uitti RJ, Wszolek ZK, Rajput AH, Vilariño-Güell C. VPS35 and DNAJC13 disease-causing variants in essential tremor. European Journal of Human Genetics 2015 Jun;23(6):887-8.
- Rajput AH, Rajput A. Accuracy of Parkinson disease diagnosis unchanged in 2 decades. Neurology 2014 Jul 29;83(5):386-7.
- Pifl C, Rajput A, Reither H, Blesa J, Cavada C, Obeso J, Rajput AH, Hornykiewicz O. Is Parkinson's disease a vesicular dopamine storage disorder? Evidence from a study in isolated synaptic vesicles of human and non-human primate striatum. Journal of Neuroscience 2014 Jun 11;34(24):8210-8.
- The Parkinson Study Group QE3 Investigators (including Rajput A). A Randomized Clinical Trial of High-Dosage Coenzyme Q10 in Early Parkinson Disease: No Evidence of Benefit. JAMA Neurology 2014 May;71(5):543-52.
- Rajput AH, Rajput A. Medical Treatment of Essential Tremor. Journal of Central Nervous System Disease 2014 Apr 21;6:29-39. eCollection 2014. Published online Apr 21, 2014. doi: 10.4137/JCNSD.S13570
- Vilariño-Güell C, Rajput A, Milnerwood AJ, Shah B, Szu-Tu C, Trinh J, Yu I, Encarnacion M, Munsie LN, Tapia L, Gustavsson EK, Chou P, Tatarnikov I, Evans DM, Pishotta FT, Volta M, Beccano-Kelly D, Thompson C, Lin MK, Sherman HE, Han HJ, Guenther BL, Wasserman WW, Bernard V, Ross CJ, Appel-Cresswell S, Stoessl AJ, Robinson CA, Dickson DW, Ross OA, Wszolek ZK, Aasly JO, Wu RM, Hentati F, Gibson RA, McPherson PS, Girard M, Rajput M, Rajput AH, Farrer MJ. DNAJC13 mutations in Parkinson disease. Human Molecular Genetics 2014 Apr 1;23(7):1794-801.
- Ross JP, Rayaprolu S, Bernales CQ, Soto-Ortolaza AI, van Gerpen J, Uitti RJ, Wszolek ZK, Rajput A, Rajput AH, Rajput ML, Ross OA, Vilariño-Güell C. SLC1A2 rs3794087 does not associate with essential tremor. Neurobiology of Aging 2014 Apr;35(4):935.e9-935.e10.
- *Delay C, Tremblay C, Brochu E, Paris-Robidas S, Emond V, Rajput AH, Rajput A, Calon F. Increased LINGO1 in the cerebellum of essential tremor Patients. Movement Disorders 2014 Nov;29(13):1637-47.
- Rajput A, Rajput AH, Rajput ML, Encarnacion M, Bernales CQ, Ross JP, Farrer MJ, Vilariño-Güell C. Identification of FUS p.R377W in essential tremor. European Journal of Neurology 2014 Feb;21(2):361-3. doi: 10.1111/ene.12231. Epub 2013 Jul 3. (This was summarized by H. Wood, in the Research Highlights section of Nature Reviews Neurology 2013;9:418 )
- Appel-Cresswell S, Vilariño-Güell C, Encarnacion M, Sherman H, Yu I, Shah B, Weir D, Thompson C, Szu-Tu C, Trinh J, Aasly JO, Rajput A, Rajput AH, Stoessl AJ, Farrer MJ. Alpha-synuclein p.H50Q, a novel pathogenic mutation for Parkinson disease. Movement Disorders 2013;28:811-13.
- Rajput AH, Robinson CA, Rajput A. Purkinje cell loss is neither pathologic basis nor characteristic of essential tremor. Parkinsonism and Related Disorders 2013;19:490-91.
- *Grimes D, Gordon J, Snelgrove B, Lim-Carter I, Fon E, Martin W, Wieler M, Suchowersky O, Rajput A, Lafontaine AL, Stoessl AJ, Moro E, Schoffer K, Miyasaki J, Hobson D, Mahmoudi M, Fox S, Postuma R, Kumar H, Jog M. Canadian Guidelines on Parkinson’s Disease. The Canadian Journal of Neurological Sciences 2012; 39 (Suppl 4): S1-S30. [This is the first published Canadian Guidelines on Parkinson’s Disease.]
- *Rajput AH, Adler CH, Shill HA, Rajput A. Essential tremor is not a neurodegenerative disease. Neurodegenerative Disease Management 2012; 2(3): 259-268.
- Luo C, Rajput AH, Robinson CA, Rajput A. Gamma-aminobutyric acid (GABA)-B receptor 1 in cerebellar cortex of essential tremor. Journal of Clinical Neuroscience 2012; 19: 920-921.
- Rajput AH, Robinson CA, Rajput ML, Robinson SL, Rajput A. Essential tremor is not dependent upon cerebellar Purkinje cell loss. Parkinsonism and Related Disorders 2012; 18: 626-628.
- Pankratz N, Beecham GW, DeStefano AL, Dawson TM, Doheny KF, Factor SA, Hamza TH, Hung AY, Hyman BT, Ivinson AJ, Krainc D, Latourelle JC, Clark LN, Marder K, Martin ER, Mayeux R, Ross OA, Scherzer CR, Simon DK, Tanner C, Vance JM, Wszolek ZK, Zabetian CP, Myers RH, Payami H, Scott WK, Foroud T, PD GWAS Consortium (Rajput A). Meta-analysis of Parkinson’s disease: identification of a novel locus, RIT2. Annals of Neurology 2012; 71: 370-384.
- * Paris-Robidas S, Brochu E, Sintes E, Emond V, Bousquet M, Vandal M, Pilote M, Tremblay C, DiPaolo T, Rajput AH, Rajput A, Calon F. Defective dentate nucleus GABA receptors in essential tremor. Brain 2012; 135: 105-116.
- *Rajput AH, Robinson CA, Rajput A. Comment on Editor’s Note: ‘Does levodopa accelerate the pathologic process in Parkinson disease brain?’ (Neurology 2011; 77:1421); published in Neurology WriteClick ™ Rapid Online Correspondence Post, 6 January 2012.
- Höglinger GU, Melhem NM, Dickson DW, et al (including Rajput A). Identification of common variants influencing risk of the tauopathy progressive supranuclear palsy. Nature Genetics 2011; 43: 699-705.
- Rajput AH, Rajput A. Significance of cerebellar Purkinje cell loss to pathogenesis of essential tremor. Parkinsonism and Related Disorders 2011; 17: 410-412.
- Rajput AH, Robinson CA, Rajput ML, Rajput A. Cerebellar Purkinje cell loss is not pathognomonic of essential tremor. Parkinsonism and Related Disorders 2011; 17: 16-21.
- Ouattara B, Grégoire L, Morisette M, Gasparini F, Vranesic I, Bilbe G, Johns DR, Rajput A, Hornykiewicz O, Rajput AH, Gomez-Mancilla B, Di Paolo T. Metabotropic glutamate receptor type 5 in levodopa-induced motor complications. Neurobiology of Aging 2011; 32: 1286-1295.
- Nishioka K, Ross OA, Vilariño-Güell C, Cobb S, Kachergus J, Mann D, Snowden J, Richardson A, Neary D, Robinson C, Rajput A, Papapetropoulos S, Mash D, Pahwa R, Lyons K, Wszolek Z, Dickson D, Farrer M. Glucocerebrosidase mutations in diffuse Lewy body disease. Parkinsonism and Related Disorders 2011; 17: 55-57.
- Dachsel JC, Wider C, Vilariño-Güell C, Aasly JO, Rajput A, Rajput AH, Lynch T, Craig D, Krygowska-Wajs A, Jasinska-Myga B, Opala G, Barcikowska M, Czyzewski K, Wu R-M, Heckman MG, Uitti RJ, Wszolek ZW, Farrer MJ, Ross OA. Death-associated protein kinase 1 variation and Parkinson’s disease. European Journal of Neurology 2011; 18: 1090-1093.
- Vilariño-Güell C, Ross OA, Aasly JO, White LR, Rajput A, Rajput AH, Lynch T, Krygowska-Wajs A, Jasinska-Myga B, Opala G, Barcikowska M, Lee M-C, Hentati F, Uitti RJ, Wszolek ZK, Farrer MJ, Wu R-M. An independent replication of PARK16 in Asian samples. Neurology 2010; 75: 2248-2249.
- Nishioka K, Wider C, Vilariño-Güell C, Soto-Ortolaza AI, Lincoln SJ, Kachergus JM, Jasinska-Myga B, Ross OA, Rajput A, Robinson CA, Ferman TJ, Wszolek ZK, Dickson DW, Farrer MJ. Association of alpha-, beta-, and gamma-Synuclein with diffuse lewy body disease. Archives of Neurology 2010; 67: 970-975.
- Hopp K, Popescu BF, McCrea RP, Harder SL, Robinson CA, Haacke ME, Rajput AH, Rajput A, Nichol H. Brain iron detected by SWI high pass filtered phase calibrated with synchrotron X-ray fluorescence. Journal of Magnetic Resonance Imaging 2010; 31: 1346-1354.
- Vilariño-Güell C, Wider C, Ross OA, Jasinska-Myga B, Kachergus J, Cobb SA, Soto-Ortolaza AI, Behrouz B, Heckman MG, Diehl NN, Testa CM, Wszolek ZK, Uitti RJ, Jankovic J, Louis ED, Clark LN, Rajput A, Farrer MJ. LINGO1 and LINGO2 variants are associated with essential tremor and Parkinson disease. Neurogenetics 2010; 11: 401-408.
- Vilariño-Güell C, Wider C, Aasly JO, White LR, Rajput A, Rajput AH, Lynch T, Krygowska-Wajs A, Jasinska-Myga B, Opala G, Barcikowska M, Czyzewski K, Wu RM, Uitti RJ, Wszolek ZK, Farrer MJ, Ross OA. Association of pyridoxal kinase and Parkinson disease. Annals of Neurology 2010; 67: 409-11.
- Vilariño-Güell C, Ross OA, Wider C, Jasinska-Myga B, Cobb SA, Soto-Ortolaza AI, Kachergus JM, Keeling BH, Dachsel JC, Melrose HL, Behrouz B, Wszolek ZK, Uitti RJ, Aasly JO, Rajput A, Farrer MJ. LINGO1 rs9652490 is associated with essential tremor and Parkinson disease. Parkinsonism and Related Disorders 2010; 16: 109-111.
- Rajput A, Vilariño-Güell C, Rajput ML, Ross OA, Soto-Ortolaza AI, Lincoln SJ, Cobb SA, Heckman MG, Farrer MJ, Rajput AH. Alpha-synuclein polymorphisms are associated with Parkinson disease in a Saskatchewan population. Movement Disorders 2009; 24: 2411-2414.
- Cobb SA, Wider C, Ross OA, Mata IF, Adler CH, Rajput A, Rajput AH, Wu RM, Hauser R, Josephs KA, Carr J, Gwinn K, Heckman MG, Aasly JO, Lynch T, Uitti RJ, Wszolek ZK, Kapatos G, Farrer MJ. GCH1 in early-onset Parkinson’s disease. Movement Disorders 2009; 24: 2070-2075.
- Wider C, Lincoln S, Dachsel JC, Kapatos G, Heckman MG, Diehl NN, Papapetropoulos S, Mash D, Rajput A, Rajput AH, Dickson DW, Wszolek ZK, Farrer MJ. GCH1 expression in human cerebellum from healthy individuals is not gender dependent. Neuroscience Letters 2009; 462: 73-75.
- Latourelle JC, Pankratz N, Dumitriu A, Wilk JB, Goldwurm S, Pezzoli G, Mariani CB, DeStefano AL, Halter C, Gusella JF, Nichols WC, Myers RH, Foroud T; Parkinson Study Group-PROGENI Investigators (Rajput A). BMC Medical Genetics 2009; 10: 98 (22 Sept 2009).
- Mateen F, Rajput A, Toth C, Fladeland D, WIjdicks EF. A man in the barrel with neck pain. Reviews in Neurological Diseases 2009 Summer; 6: E97 (presentation), E101-104 (discussion).
- * Rajput AH, Voll A, Rajput ML, Robinson CA, Rajput A. Course in Parkinson’s disease subtypes: a 39-year clinicopathological study. Neurology 2009; 73: 206-212.
- * Allen AL, Luo C, Montgomery DL, Rajput AH, Robinson CA, Rajput A. Vascular pathology in male Lewis rats following short-term, low-dose rotenone administration. Veterinary Pathology 2009; 46: 776-782.
- Farrer MJ, Williams LN, Algom AA, Kachergus J, Hulihan MM, Ross OA, Rajput A, Papapetropoulos S, Mash DC, Dickson DW. Glucosidase-beta variations and Lewy Body Disorders. Parkinsonism and Related Disorders 2009; 15: 414-416.
- Louis ED, Faust PL, Vonsattel JPG, Honig LS, Rajput A, Rajput A, Pahwa R, Lyons KE, Ross GW, Elble RJ, Erickson-Davis C, Moskowitz CB, Lawton A. Torpedoes in Parkinson’s disease, Alzheimer’s disease, essential tremor, and control brains. Movement Disorders 2009; 24: 1600-1605.
- Popescu BF, Robinson CA, Rajput A, Rajput AH, Harder SL, Nichol H. Iron, copper and zinc distribution of the cerebellum. Cerebellum 2009; 8: 74-79.
- Samadi P, Rajput A, Calon F, Gregoire L, Hornykiewicz O, Rajput AH, di Paolo T. Metabotropic glutamate receptor II in the brain of parkinsonian patients. Journal of Neuropathology and Experimental Neurology 2009; 68: 374-382.
- Ferguson LW, Rajput ML, Rajput A. Comment on Lee et al. ‘Individualized Assessment of Quality of Life in Idiopathic Parkinson’s disease.’ Movement Disorders [letter]. Movement Disorders 2009; 24: 630-632.
- Hauser RA, Panisset M, Abbruzzese G, Mancione L, Dronamraju N, Kakarieka A, FIRST-STEP Study Group (Rajput A). Doube-blind trial of levodopa/carbidopa/entacapone versus levodopa/carbidopa in early Parkinson’s disease. Movement Disorders 2009; 24: 541-550.
- Rajput AH, Maxood K, Rajput A. Classical essential tremor changes following cerebellar hemorrhage. Neurology 2008; 71:1739-1740.
- Brin MF, Comella CL, Jankovic J, Lai F, Naumann M; CD-017 Botulinum Toxin A Study Group (Rajput A). Long-term treatment with botulinum toxin type A in cervical dystonia has low immunogenicity by mouse protection assay. Movement Disorders 2008; 23: 1353-1360.
- * Ferguson LW, Rajput ML, Muhajarine N, Shah SM, Rajput A. Clinical features at first visit and rapid disease progression in Parkinson’s disease. Parkinsonism and Related Disorders 2008 14: 431-435.
- LeWitt PS, Guttman M, Tetrud JW, Tuite PJ, Mori A, Chaikin P, Sussman NM, for the 6002-US-005 Study Group (Rajput A). Adenosine A2A receptor antagonist istradefylline (KW-6002) reduces “off” time in Parkinson’s disease: a double-blind, randomized, multicenter clinical trial (6002-US-005). Annals of Neurology 2008; 63: 295-302.
- * Rajput AH, Sitte HH, Rajput A, Fenton ME, Pifl C, Hornykiewicz O. Globus pallidus dopamine and Parkinson motor subtypes: Clinical and brain biochemical correlation. Neurology 2008; 70: 1403-1410.
- Rajput AH, Robinson CA, Rajput A. Benign tremulous parkinsonism: a clinicopathologic study. Movement Disorders 2008 23: 311-312.
- Louis ED, Faust PL, Vonsattel JP, Honig LS, Rajput A, Robinson CA, Rajput A, Pahwa R, Lyons KE, Ross GW, Borden S, Moskowitz CB, Lawton A, Hernandez N. Neuropathological changes in essential tremor: 33 cases compared with 21 controls. Brain 2007; 130: 3297-3307.
- Lincoln SJ, Ross OA, Milkovic NM, Dickson DW, Rajput A, Robinson CA, Papapetropoulos S, Mash DC, Farrer MJ. Quantitative PCR-based screening of alpha-synuclein multiplication in multiple system atrophy. Parkinsonism and Related Disorders 2007; 13: 340-342.
- Luo C, Rajput AH, Akhtar S, Rajput A. α-synuclein and tyrosine hydroxylase expression in acute rotenone toxicity. International Journal of Molecular Medicine 2007; 19: 517-521.
- Goetz CG, Schwid SR, Eberly SW, Oakes D, Shoulson I, Parkinson Study Group TEMPO and PRESTO Investigators (Rajput A). Safety of Rasagiline in elderly patients with Parkinson disease. Neurology 2006; 66: 1427-1429.
- Rajput A, Rajput AH. Increased tremor severity in bilineal essential tremor: A report of two families. Parkinsonism and Related Disorders 2006; 12: 323-326.
- Rajput A, Baerg K. Cetirizine-induced dystonic movements. Neurology 2006; 66: 143-4.
- Rajput A, Yen T. Hemilingual Edema in Acute Ischemic Stroke. The Canadian Journal of Neurological Sciences 2005; 32: 391 (Letter to the Editor).
- Camicioli R, Rajput A, Rajput M, Reece C, Payami H, Hao C, Rajput A. Apolipoprotein E ε4 and catechol-o-methyltransferase alleles in autopsy-proven Parkinson’s disease: Relationship to dementia and hallucinations. Movement Disorders 2005; 20: 989-994.
- Pasha MK, Sharma RK, Rajput A. Increased myocardial N-myristoyltransferase activity in rotenone model of Parkinsonism. International Journal of Molecular Medicine 2005; 15: 987-991.
- Parkinson Study Group (Rajput A). A randomized placebo-controlled trial of Rasagiline in levodopa-treated patients with Parkinson disease and motor fluctuations. Archives of Neurology 2005; 62: 241-248.
- * Rajput A, Robinson CA, Rajput AH. Essential tremor course and disability – A clinicopathological study of 20 cases. Neurology 2004; 62: 932-936.
- Parkinson Study Group (Rajput A). A controlled trial of rotigotine monotherapy in early Parkinson’s disease. Archives of Neurology 2003; 60: 1721-8.
- Rajput A, Rajput AH. Progressive Supranuclear Palsy. Clinical Features, Pathophysiology and Management. Drugs and Aging 2001; 18: 913-925.
- Davis BJ, Rajput A, Rajput ML, Aul E, Eichhorn GR. A Randomized, Double-Blind Placebo-Controlled Trial of Iron in Restless Legs Syndrome. European Neurology 2000; 43: 70-75.
- * Rajput AH, Rajput A, Lang AE, Kumar R, Galvez-Jimenez N, Uitti RJ. New Use for an Old Drug: Amantadine Benefits Levodopa-Induced Dyskinesia (letter). Movement Disorders 1998; 13: 851.
- * Rajput AH, Uitti RJ, Rajput AH, Offord KP. Timely Levodopa (LD) Administration Prolongs Survival in Parkinson’s Disease. Parkinsonism and Related Disorders 1997; 3: 159-65.
- Rajput A, Kishore A, Snow B, Bolton CF, Rajput AH. Dopa-responsive, Nonprogressive, Juvenile Parkinsonism: Report of A Case. Movement Disorders 1997; 12: 453-456.
- Rajput AH, Fenton ME, George D, Rajput A, Wilson W, McCulloch L. Concordance of Common Movement Disorders Among Familial Cases. Movement Disorders 1997; 12: 747-51.
- Uitti RJ, Rajput AH, Ahlskog JE, Offord KP, Schroeder DR, Ho MM, Prasad M, Rajput A, Basran P. Amantadine treatment is an independent predictor of improved survival in Parkinson’s disease. Neurology 1996; 46: 1551-1556.
- Rajput AH, Moghal S, Rajput A. Parkinson’s disease and essential tremor (letter). Neurology 1994; 44: 778.
- * Rajput AH, Rozdilsky B, Ang L, Rajput A. Significance of Parkinsonian Manifestations in Essential Tremor Cases. The Canadian Journal of Neurological Sciences 1993; 20:114-117.
- Rajput AH, Pahwa R, Pahwa P, Rajput A. Prognostic significance of the onset mode in Parkinsonism. Neurology 1993; 43: 829-830.
- * Rajput AH, Rozdilsky B, Rajput A. Accuracy of Clinical Diagnosis in Parkinsonism - A Prospective Study. The Canadian Journal of Neurological Sciences 1991; 18: 275-278. (Ciba-Geigy award for best original article published in The Canadian Journal of Neurological Sciences in 1991.)
- Rajput AH, Rozdilsky B, Ang L, Rajput A. Clinicopathological Observations in Essential Tremor: Report of six cases. Neurology 1991; 41: 1422-1424.
- Rajput AH, Rozdilsky B, Rajput A, Ang L. Levodopa Efficacy and Pathological Basis of Parkinson Syndrome. Clinical Neuropharmacology 1990; 13: 553-558.