- Social epidemiology
- Work (paid and unpaid) and health
- Socioeconomic circumstances and health
- Rural population health
Ph.D. (Community Health & Epidemiology), 2001, Department of Community Health and Epidemiology, Saskatoon, Saskatchewan, Canada.
M.ED. (Educational Psychology),1992, Department of Educational Psychology, University of Saskatchewan, Saskatoon, Saskatchewan, Canada.
B.A. (Honours/Psychology), Department of Psychology, 1987, University of Winnipeg, Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada.
- Janzen B, Karunanayake C, Rennie D, Lawson J, Dosman JA, Pahwa P (2020). Depression and binge drinking in farm and non-farm rural adults in Saskatchewan, Canada. Rural and Remote Health; 20: 5530.
- Janzen B, Hellsten L (2018). Does the psychosocial quality of unpaid family work contribute to educational disparities in mental health among employed partnered mothers?. International Archives of Occupational and Environmental Health, 91(5):633-41.
- Janzen B, Karunanayake C, Rennie D. et al. (2017). Racial discrimination and depression among on-reserve First Nations people in rural Saskatchewan. Can J Public Health 108, e482–e487.
- .Janzen B, Karunanayake C, Rennie D, et al. (2017). Gender Differences in the association of individual and contextual exposures with lung function in a rural Canadian population. Lung.195:43-52.
- Dyck RF, Karunanayake C, Janzen B. et al. (2015). Do discrimination, residential school attendance and cultural disruption add to individual-level diabetes risk among Aboriginal people in Canada?. BMC Public Health 15, 1222.
- Janzen B, Karunanayake C, Pahwa P, Dyck R, Rennie D, Lawson J, et al. (2015). Exploring diversity in socioeconomic inequalities in health among rural dwelling Canadians. The Journal of Rural Health 31(2), 186-198.
- Colton T, Janzen B, Laverty W (2015). Family structure, social capital, and mental health disparities among Canadian mothers. Public Health, 129, 639-647.
- Chen Y, Rennie D, Karunanayake, Janzen B, Hagel L, et al. (2015). Income adequacy and education associated with the prevalence of obesity in rural Saskatchewan, Canada. BMC Public Health, 15(1), 700.
- Kelly I, Janzen B (2014). Sex-role egalitarianism scale. In: Micholos A (editor). Encyclopedia of Quality of Life and Well-Being Research (pp. 5884-5887): Springer Netherlands.
- Janzen B, Kelly I. (2012). Unpaid domestic work and psychological distress. In: Ohayashi H, Yamada S, editors. Psychological Distress: Symptoms, Causes and Coping. Nova Science Publishers, Inc; p. 67-81.
- Janzen B, Kelly IW (2012). Psychological distress among employed fathers: Associations with family structure, work quality, and the work-family interface. American Journal of Men's Health, 6(4), 294-302.