- Interactions between proteins and small molecules, mapping contacts between drugs and their protein targets, Regulating enzymes for possible therapeutic use
1989 Ph.D., Moscow State University, Russia, Department of Biochemistry, Biochemistry-Bioenergetics
1985 M.Sc., summa cum laude, Moscow State University, Russia, Department of Molecular Biology, Biology-Moelcular Biology
Dr. Dmitriev studies interactions between proteins and small molecules. His work aims to map contacts between drugs and their protein targets in humans, and to design new molecules to regulate enzymes for possible therapeutic use.
- Huang Y, Nokhrin S, Hassanzadeh-Ghassabeh G, Yu CH, Yang H, Barry AN, Tonelli M, Markley JL, Muyldermans S, Dmitriev OY, Lutsenko S. (2014) Interactions between Metal-binding Domains Modulate Intracellular Targeting of Cu(I)-ATPase ATP7B, as Revealed by Nanobody Binding. J Biol Chem. 2014 Nov 21;289(47):32682-93.
- Tavassoly O, Nokhrin S, Dmitriev OY, Lee JS. (2014) Cu(II) and dopamine bind to α-synuclein and cause large conformational changes. FEBS J. 2014 Jun;281(12):2738-53.
- Dolgova NV, Nokhrin S, Yu CH, George GN, Dmitriev OY. (2013) Copper chaperone Atox1 interacts with the metal-binding domain of Wilson's disease protein in cisplatin detoxification. Biochem J. 2013 Aug 15;454(1):147-56.
- Hasan NM, Gupta A, Polishchuk E, Yu CH, Polishchuk R, Dmitriev OY, Lutsenko S. (2012) Molecular events initiating exit of a copper-transporting ATPase ATP7B from the trans-Golgi network. J Biol Chem. 2012 Oct 19;287(43):36041-50.
- O’Grady, C., Rempel, B.L., Sokaribo, A. and Dmitriev, O.Y. (2012) One-Step Amino Acid Selective Isotope Labeling of Proteins in Prototrophic E. coli Strains, Anal. Biochem. 426, 126-128
- Uhlemann, E.E., Pierson, H.E., and Dmitriev, O.Y. (2012) Cell-free synthesis of membrane subunits of ATP synthase in phospholipid bicelles: NMR shows subunit a fold similar to the protein in the cell membrane. Protein Sci., 21, 279-288
- Pierson, H.E., Uhlemann, E.E. and Dmitriev, O.Y. (2011) Interaction With Monomeric Subunit c Drives Insertion of ATP Synthase Subunit a into the Membrane and Primes a-c Complex Formation. J. Biol.Chem., 286, 38583-38591
- Dmitriev, O.Y., Bhattacharjee, A., Nokhrin, S., Uhlemann, E.E., and Lutsenko, S. (2011) Difference in Stability of the N-Domain Underlies Distinct Intracellular Properties of the E1064A and H1069Q Mutants of Cu-transporting ATPase ATP7B. J. Biol.Chem. 286, 16355-16362
- Dmitriev, O.Y. (2011) Mechanism Of Tumor Resistance To Cisplatin Mediated by the Copper Transporter ATP7B. Biochem. Cell Biol. 89, 138-147
- Gupta, A., Bhattacharjee, A., Dmitriev, O., Nokhrin, S., Braiterman, L., Hubbard, A., Lutsenko, S. (2011) Disease Mutation or Polymorphism? Cellular Copper Levels Determine the Phenotype of the Arg875 Variant of ATP7B/Wilson Disease Protein. Proc.Natl.Acad.Sci. USA, 108, 5390-5395
- Dolgova, N.V., Olson, D., Lutsenko, S., and Dmitriev, O. Y.* (2009) The soluble metal-binding domain of copper transporter ATP7B binds and detoxifies cisplatin. Biochemical Journal, 419, 51-56