Originally from Weyburn, Saskatchewan, Dr. Krissie Urmson has been practicing in Saskatoon since 2006.
She completed her medical degree (class or ’00) and anesthesiology training from The University of Saskatchewan and went on to complete a fellowship in Calgary in Pediatric Anesthesiology.
Dr. Urmson served as an examiner in Anesthesiology for the Royal College from 2012-2018, and currently holds the position of Co-division Lead in Pediatric Anesthesiology for the Saskatoon area in the Saskatchewan Health Authority.
Clinical & Research Interests
Dr. Urmson’s clinical interests include Pediatric Anesthesiology and Residency training. Her research interests similarly include Pediatric Anesthesiology in addition to Quality Assurance.
- Invited speaker for the Canadian Anesthesiologist Society Annual meeting, Calgary, Alberta, June 2013 (meeting cancelled at last minute): Pediatric Perioperative Steroids
- McIntyre R, Hardcastle C, Eng R, Nettel-Aguirre A, Urmson K, Lardner D, Livingstone M, Ewen A, Cox R. Effect of dexamethasone on postoperative morbidity after dental rehabilitation in children. CJA, Jan 2012; 59 (1): 34-41.
- Invited speaker at Canadian Pediatric Anesthesia Society annual meeting, Saskatoon, Saskatchewan, September 2010: “Considerations and Complications of Laparoscopic Surgery”.
- Invited speaker at Bev Leech Day, Regina, Saskatchewan, March 2008: “Fluids in the Pediatric Population” and “Pediatric Endotracheal Tubes- to Cuff or Not to Cuff”.Stewart KI, Shaw SA, Campbell DC. Comparison of Skin Disinfectants for Epidural Placement in Labouring Parturients”. Anesthesiology 2004; 100, Supp1: 10.
- “Chlorhexidine versus Povidone-Iodine for Skin Asepsis prior to Lumbar Epidural Catheter Placement in the Parturient” poster presented at the Canadian Anesthesiologists’ Society Annual Meeting, Quebec City, Quebec, on June 23, 2004
- “Chlorhexidine versus Povidone-Iodine for Skin Asepsis prior to Lumbar Epidural Catheter Placement in the Parturient” awarded 1st place at the Gertie Marx Residents’ Research Competition, SOAP Annual meeting, Fort Myers, Florida on May 13, 2004