About Dr. Krissie Urmson
- Pediatric Anesthesia Fellowship, Alberta Children's Hospital, Calgary, AB
- Pediatric Anesthesia
- Residency Training Program
- Invited speaker for the Canadian Anesthesiologist Society Annual meeting, Calgary, Alberta, June 2013 (meeting cancelled at last minute): Pediatric Perioperative Steroids
- McIntyre R, Hardcastle C, Eng R, Nettel-Aguirre A, Urmson K, Lardner D, Livingstone M, Ewen A, Cox R. Effect of dexamethasone on postoperative morbidity after dental rehabilitation in children. CJA, Jan 2012; 59 (1): 34-41.
- Invited speaker at Canadian Pediatric Anesthesia Society annual meeting, Saskatoon, Saskatchewan, September 2010: “Considerations and Complications of Laparoscopic Surgery”.
- Invited speaker at Bev Leech Day, Regina, Saskatchewan, March 2008: “Fluids in the Pediatric Population” and “Pediatric Endotracheal Tubes- to Cuff or Not to Cuff”.Stewart KI, Shaw SA, Campbell DC. Comparison of Skin Disinfectants for Epidural Placement in Labouring Parturients”. Anesthesiology 2004; 100, Supp1: 10.
- “Chlorhexidine versus Povidone-Iodine for Skin Asepsis prior to Lumbar Epidural Catheter Placement in the Parturient” poster presented at the Canadian Anesthesiologists’ Society Annual Meeting, Quebec City, Quebec, on June 23, 2004
- “Chlorhexidine versus Povidone-Iodine for Skin Asepsis prior to Lumbar Epidural Catheter Placement in the Parturient” awarded 1st place at the Gertie Marx Residents’ Research Competition, SOAP Annual meeting, Fort Myers, Florida on May 13, 2004