- Social epidemiology
- Gender and health
- Work (paid and unpaid) and health
- Socioeconomic circumstances and health
- Rural population health
About Dr. Bonnie Janzen
Ph.D. (Community Health & Epidemiology), 2001, Department of Community Health and Epidemiology, Saskatoon, Saskatchewan, Canada.
M.ED. (Educational Psychology),1992, Department of Educational Psychology, University of Saskatchewan, Saskatoon, Saskatchewan, Canada.
B.A. (Honours/Psychology), Department of Psychology, 1987, University of Winnipeg, Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada.
- Janzen B, Karunanayake C, Pahwa P, Dyck R, Rennie D, Lawson J, et al. (2015). Exploring diversity in socioeconomic inequalities in health among rural dwelling Canadians. The Journal of Rural Health 31(2), 186-198.
- Colton T, Janzen B, Laverty W (2015). Family structure, social capital, and mental health disparities among Canadian mothers. Public Health, 129, 639-647.
- Chen Y, Rennie D, Karunanayake, Janzen B, Hagel L, et al. (2015). Income adequacy and education associated with the prevalence of obesity in rural Saskatchewan, Canada. BMC Public Health, 15(1), 700.
- Pahwa P, Abonyi S, Karunanayake C, Rennie D, Janzen B, Kirychuk S, et al. (2015). A community-based participatory research methodology to address, redress, and reassess disparities in respiratory health among First Nations. BMC Research Notes, 8(1), 199.
- Kelly I, Janzen B (2014). Sex-role egalitarianism scale. In: Micholos A (editor). Encyclopedia of Quality of Life and Well-Being Research (pp. 5884-5887): Springer Netherlands.
- Janzen B, Kelly I. (2012). Unpaid domestic work and psychological distress. In: Ohayashi H, Yamada S, editors. Psychological Distress: Symptoms, Causes and Coping. Nova Science Publishers, Inc; p. 67-81.
- Pahwa P, Karunanayake C, Hagel L, Janzen B et al. (2012). The Saskatchewan rural health study: an application of a population health framework to understand respiratory health outcomes. BMC Research Notes, 5, 400.
- Janzen B, Kelly IW (2012). Psychological distress among employed fathers: Associations with family structure, work quality, and the work-family interface. American Journal of Men's Health, 6(4), 294-302.
- Fitzpatrick T, Janzen B, Abonyi S, Kelly I. (2012). Factors associated with perceived time pressure among employed mothers and fathers. Psychology, 3(2), 165-174.
- Pahwa P, Karaunayake C, Hagel L, Janzen B, Rennie D, Lawson J, Pickett W, Dosman J. (2012) Self-Selection Bias in Epidemiological Study of Respiratory Health of a Rural Population. Journal of Agromedicine, 17, 316-325.
- Tao W, Janzen B, Abonyi S (2010). Gender, division of unpaid family work and psychological distress in dual-earner families. Clinical Practice & Epidemiology in Mental Health, 6, 36-46
- Dziak E, Janzen B, Muhajarine N (2010). Inequalities in the psychological well-being of employed, single and partnered mothers: the role of psychosocial work quality and work-family conflict. International Journal for Equity in Health, 9:6.
- Ghosh S, Pahwa P, Rennie D, & Janzen B (2009). Gender related interactive effect of smoking and rural/urban living on asthma prevalence: a longitudinal Canadian NPHS Study. Journal of Asthma, 46(10), 988-994.
- Janzen, B., Green K., & Muhajarine, N. (2006). The health of single fathers: Demographic, economic and social correlates. Canadian Journal of Public Health, 97(6), 440-444.
- Janzen B & Muhajarine N. (2003). Social role occupancy, gender, income adequacy, life stage and health: A longitudinal study of employed Canadian men and women. Social Science & Medicine, 57, 1491-1503.