Academic & Clinical Appointments:
- 1980 - present - Board of Directors, Saskatchewan Safety Council
- 2006 – 2008 - President, Saskatchewan Academy of Sports
- February 2006 - Health Volunteers Overseas Assignment, Costa Rica
- February 2005 - Health Volunteers Overseas Assignment, Cuzco, Lima and Chiclayo
- October 2003-07 - Coordinator of the Saskatchewan Academy of Sports Medicine Anterior Cruciate Ligament Injury Province-Wide Preventive Initiative
- March 2003 - Health Volunteers Overseas Assignment, Lima, Cuzco and Arequipa
- March 2002 - Health Volunteers Overseas Assignment, Lima and Cuzco, Peru
- March 2001 - Health Volunteers Overseas Assignment, Lima and Cuzco, Peru
- 2001 – 2004 - President, Saskatchewan Academy of Sports Medicine
- 1998 – 2009 - Head, Section of Orthopaedics, Regina Qu’Appelle Health Region
- 1994 - 1997 - Honorary Lt-Col. 16 Medical Company Primary Reserve
- 1993 - 2007 - President, Saskatchewan Academy of Sports Medicine
- 1985 - 1992 - Board of Directors, Saskatchewan Abilities Council
- 1983 - 1985 - Area Surgeon, Primary Reserve, Militia, Prairie Area
- 1983 - 1984 - President of Regina and District Medical Association
- 1980 - 1983 - Commanding Officer, 16 Medical Company, Primary Reserve
- "Scanning Electron Microscopy of Superficial Defects in Articular Cartilage", F.N. Ghadially, R.L. Ailsby, A.F. Oryschak, submitted for publication September 1973.
- “An Evaluation of the Handling of Spinal Injured Patients”, R.L. Ailsby, published 1973, Vol. of Rancho Los Amigos Hospital Seminar Papers.
- "Pyogenic Infection of the Sacroiliac Joint in Children, Radio-Isotope Bone Scanning as a Diagnostic Tool", R.L. Ailsby, L.T. Staheli, selected for publication in Clinical Orthopedics and Related Research, July, 1973.
- “An Improvement for Skeletal Traction”, R.L. Ailsby, Medical Trial Technique Quarterly, Spring Issue, 1973, page 394-99.
- "A typical Cilia in Human Bronchial Muscosa", R.L. Ailsby, F.N. Ghadially, Journal of Pathology, Vol. 109, January, 1973, page 75-78.
- "Management of Low Back Pain", R.L. Ailsby, J. Wedge, W. Kirkaldy-Willis, Journal of Saskatchewan Medical Association, C.M.E. News.
- "An Improved Attachment for Steinmann Pin Traction", R.L. Ailsby, Canadian Journal of Surgery, November, 1971, Vol. 14, page 413-14.