Family includes adoptive relationships. Next of kin need to be the age of consent (18). If the person who is deemed to be the authorized decision-maker is not available or is unwilling to give instructions, the next qualified person is deemed to be the authorized decision-maker.
Persons are to be chosen in the order mentioned below and be the eldest of that category. If the youngest in the category is not available or is unwilling to give instructions, then you move to the next category.
The categories are as follows:
- the executor named in the will of the donor
- the spouse of the donor or a person with whom the donor cohabited as a spouse in a relationship of some permanence
- an adult child of the donor
- a parent or legal custodian of the donor
- an adult brother or sister of the donor
- a grandparent of the donor
- an adult grandchild of the donor
- an adult uncle or aunt of the donor
- an adult nephew or niece of the donor
- a more distant relative determined by counting up to the common ancestor and down to the relative to decide who is closest
- another adult person having some relationship with the donor not based on a family relationship