About Dr. Yigang LuoAcademic Credentials:
- 2002 - Certificate, Fellow in Organ Transplantation, Organ Transplantation, University of Western Ontario
- 2000 - Research Associate, Fellow in Organ Transplantation, Organ Transplantation, University of Western Ontario
- 1996 - Research Associate, Fellow in Organ Transplantation, Organ Transplantation, Oklahoma Baptist University
- 1993 - Post-doctorate, Post-doctorate in Organ Transplantation, Organ Transplantation, University of Cambridge
- 1989 - Doctorate, MD and PhD in Surgery, Hepato-Bilio-Pancreatic Surgery and Organ Transplantation, West China University of Medical Sciences
- 1986 - Master's Thesis, Master of Medicine, Gastrointestinal Surgery and Hepato-Biliary-Pancreatic Surgery, West China University of Medical Sciences
- 1982 - Bachelor's, Bachelor of Medicine, Medicine, West China University of Medical Sciences
- 2006 - FRCSC, Royal College of Physicians and Surgeons of Canada
- 2000 - LMCC, Medical Council of Canada
- Professor, Division of General Surgery, Department of Medicine, College of Medicine, University of Saskatchewan
- Adjunct Professor, College of Graduate Studies and Research, University of Saskatchewan
- Staff, General Surgery, Saskatchewan Health Authority
Areas of Interest:
- Organ Transplantation (including organ preservation and xenotransplantation)
- Hepatobiliary Pancreatic Surgery
- Surgical Oncology
- Surgical Instrument Innovation
Brief Description of Funded Research:
- University Hospital (Innovative abdominal retractor for massive ventral hernia repair),
- College of Medicine (Normothermic kidney preservation for transplantation),
- College of Medicine Resident Research Grant (Swift vascular cannulation lock tie),
- University of Saskatchewan Concept Proof Fund (Innovative abdominal retractor for massive ventral hernia repair).
- Zhang, Bing; Moser, Michael; Zhang, Edwin; Luo, Yigang; Zhang, Wenjun. Numerical analysis of the relationship between thearea of target tissue necrosis and the size of target tissue in liver tumours with pulsed radiofrequency ablation. Physics in Medicine and Biology. Accepted for publication.
- Bing Zhang, Michael A.J. Moser , Edwin M. Zhang , Yigang Luo , Wenjun Zhang. Judicious Selection of Target Control Areas and Target Temperatures to Increase the Size of Target Tissue Necrosis by Radiofrequency Ablation. Medical Physics. In Press.
- Luo, Y., Raj, M., Zhang, C., Lim, H., Xu, Y., Wright, F. & Dai, Z.(2017). Massive Ventral Hernia Repair: A Novel Technique with An Innovative Device. Journal of Surgery: Current Trends & Innovations. Accepted for Publication.
- Hinther K, Ali S, Spiers J, Taylor B, Bacchus R, Peer I, Soliman M, Luo Y. (2017). Preoperative Prognostic Features of Pancreatic Head Adenocarcinoma. Open Access Journal of Surgery. 2(1): 1.
- Moser MAJ, Ginther N, Luo Y, Beck G, Ginther R, Ewen M, Matsche-Neufeld R, Shoker A, Sawicki G.(2017). Early experience with hypothermic machine perfusion of living donor kidneys - a retrospective study.Transplant International. 30(7): 706-712.
- Luo Y. (2017). A New Clinical Classification of Hilar Cholangiocarcinoma (Klatskin Tumor). Open Access J of Surgery. 2(4): 555594.
- Zhang B, Moser MA, Zhang EM, Luo Y and Zhang W.(2017). New approach to feedback control of radiofrequency ablation systems for large coagulation zones.International J of hyperthermia.,. 33(4):367-377.
- Luo Y, Raj MT, Zhang WJ, Lim J, Xu Y, Wright F and Dai ZW (2017). Massive Ventral hernia Repair: A Novel Technique with an Innovative Device. HSOA Journal of Surgery: Current Trends & Innovations. 1(1): 1-4.
- A. Daters, E. Barber, M. Rosin, B. Ambros, R. Gillanders, M. Soliman, Q. Zhou, M. Moser, A. Shoker, R. Mainra, T. Banejee, R. Petracek, Y. Luo.(2016). Normothermic ex vivo perfusion of ischemic kidneys for preservation and recovery.Can J Surgery. 59(4 Suppl1): S84.
- S. Ahmed,O. Bathe, S. Berry,‡ D. Buie, J. Davies,C. Doll, S. Dowden, S. Gill, V. Gordon, P. Hebbard, E. Jones, H. Kennecke , S. Koski, M. Krahn, D. Le, H. Lim, C. Lund, Y. Luo, A. Mcffadden,J. Mcghie, K. Mulder, J. Park, F. Rashidi. (2015). PRACTICE GUIDELINE Consensus statement: the 16th Annual Western Canadian Gastrointestinal Cancer Consensus Conference; Saskatoon,Saskatchewan; September 5–6, 2014. Current Oncology http://dx.doi.org/10.3747/co.22.2362. 22(2): e113 -123.