- CNS tumors: molecular markers and targeted therapies
- Epilepsy: brain banking and clinicopathologic correlations including effect of antiepileptic drugs
- Neurodegenerations: brain banking and movement disorders
- Neuromuscular diseases: muscular dystrophies, metabolic and other myopathies & neuropathies related to unique local populations
About Dr. Viktor Zherebitskiy
- Odessa State Medical University, Odessa, Ukraine (1989)
Residencies & Fellowships:
- Anatomical Pathology (Research) - Institute of Gerontology, AMSU, Kyiv, Ukraine (1993)
- Anatomical Pathology (Clinical) - University of Manitoba, Winnipeg, MB, Canada (2012)
- Neuropathology - Oregon Health & Science University, Portland, OR, USA (2014)
- Forensic Pathology - University of Alberta, Edmonton, AB, Canada (2015)
- Anatomical Pathology – ABP (2012) and RCPSC (2013)
- Neuropathology - ABP (2014) and RCPSC (2015)
- SHR – Staff Pathologist (Anatomical Pathology & Neuropathology)
- University of Saskatchewan – Clinical Assistant Professor
- Eye Pathology
- Anatomical Pathology (general)
- Forensic Pathology
- Teaching of pathology residents: general pathology program
- Teaching of medical residents related to neuroscience: neurology, neurosurgery and diagnostic radiology programs
- Teaching of medical students: anatomical pathology & neuropathology & neuroanatomy
- Hnenny L, Roundy N, Zherebitskiy V, Grafe M, Mansoor A, Dogan A (2015) “Giant aneurysmal bone cyst of the anterior cranial fossa and paranasal sinuses presenting in pregnancy: case report and literature review”, (English), J Neurol Surg Rep., 76(2):e216-221.[PMID: 26623230].
- Chance A, Liu J, Raskin J, Zherebitskiy V, Gultekin S, Raslan A (2015) “Thoracic Primary CNS Melanoma and Lumbar Schwannoma: A Case Report of Complex Neurocristopathy”, (English), J Neurosurg Spine, 23(6):780-783 [PMID: 26296191].
- Singh J., Zherebitskiy V., Grynspan D., Czaykowski P. (2012) “Metastatic Signet Ring Cell Adenocarcinoma of the Bladder: Responsive to Treatment?” (English), CUAJ, 6(1): E15-19 [PMID:22396377].
- Zherebitskiy V., Morales C., Del Bigio MR. (2011) “Extramedullary hematopoiesis involving the central nervous system and surrounding structures.” (English), Hum. Path., 42(10):1524-1530 [PMID: 21496873].
- Köbel M, Kalloger SE, Baker PM, Ewanowich CA, Arseneau J, Zherebitskiy V, Abdulkarim S, Leung S, Duggan MA, Fontaine D, Parker R, Huntsman DG, Gilks CB. (2010) "Diagnosis of Ovarian Carcinoma Cell Type is Highly Reproducible: A Transcanadian Study." (English), Am. J. Surg. Pathol., 34(7):984-993. [PMID: 20505499].
- Zherebitskiy V, Del Bigio MR. (2009) “Eosinophilic intracytoplasmic inclusions in Purkinje neurons of children.” (English), Neuropathology, 29(1): 9-12 [PMID: 18498283].