- Breast cancer
Dr. Osama Ahmed is a Medical Oncologist at the Saskatoon Cancer Centre and an Assistant Professor in the College of Medicine at the University of Saskatchewan. He obtained his medical school training at the University of Alexandria, Egypt and performed his Internal Medicine residency at the University of Saskatchewan in Saskatoon. Dr. Ahmed completed his Medical Oncology training at the University of Calgary. He is a fellow of the Royal College of Physicians and Surgeons of Canada.
His areas of interest are Breast malignancies, Sarcoma, Neuro-oncology and Gastrointestinal oncology. In addition to patients care he is committed to medical education and research. He is an active member of Canadian clinical trials Group (CCTG) and Canadian Association of Medical Oncologists (CAMO).
- FRCPC, Royal College of Physicians and Surgeons of Canada,2019, Medical Oncology.
- FRCPC, Royal College of Physicians and Surgeons of Canada,2017, Internal Medicine.
- Master’s degree, Alexandria University, 2006, Clinical Hematology.
- MBChB, Alexandria University, 2001, Faculty of Medicine.
- Member of CAMO Continuing Professional Development (CPD) committee, Nov 2020 to present.
- Member of Investigational New Drug (IND) Committee, CCTG, Feb 2020 to present.
- Member of American Society of Clinical Oncology (ASCO),2016 to present.
- Fellow of the Royal College of Physicians and surgeons of Canada,2017.
- Zaidi, A. & Khan, A. & Duval, C. & Haider, K. & Ahmed, O. & Dueck, D-A & Brunet, B. &
Gardiner, D. & Ahmed, S. 1436P Comparison of perioperative chemotherapy versus
postoperative chemoradiation therapy for operable stomach cancer:
A western Canadian province experience (2020). Annals of Oncology. 31. S905. 10.1016/j.annonc.2020.08.1942.
- Wess, Tyrell & Narasimhan, Gopinath & Souied, Osama & Khan, Muhammad &
Bashir, Ayesha & Ahmed, Shahid & Ahmed, Osama & Salim, Muhammad & Chalchal, Haji.
(2020). Number of sentinel lymph nodes (SLN) removed in breast cancer (BC) patients
undergoing sentinel lymph node biopsy (SLNB) in the province of Saskatchewan, Canada:
Real-world experience. 2020, Journal of Clinical Oncology. 38. e19240-e19240. 10.1200/JCO.2020.38.15_suppl.e19240.
- Muhammadzai, Javeria & Moser, Michael & Haider, Kamal & Shaw, John & Chalchal, Haji &
Gardiner, Donald & Zaidi, Adnan & Ahmed, Osama & Luo, Yigang & Brunet, Bryan &
Dorie-Anna, Dueck & iqbal, mussawar & Beck, Gavin & Ahmed, Shahid.Effects of early
discontinuation of adjuvant chemotherapy (EDAC) and the timing of treatment on outcomes
in patients with early-stage pancreatic cancer (ESPC): Result from a population-based
retrospective cohort study. (2020) Journal of Clinical Oncology. 38. 694-694. 10.1200/JCO.2020.38.4_suppl.694
- Ahmed, S & Chalchal, H & Dwernychuk, L & Iqbal, N & Salim, M & Gowan-Moody, D &
Asif, Tehmina & Khan, M & Lim, J & Bulych, D & Ahmed, O & Sami, A & Kontulainen, S &
Leis, A. (2019). 290TiPRole of individualized intervention(s) on quality of life (QoL) and
adherence to adjuvant endocrine therapy in premenopausal women with early-stage breast
cancer (bc): My Choice study. (2019) Annals of Oncology. 30. 10.1093/annonc/mdz240.113.
- Ahmed, Shahid & Pahwa, Punam & Kanthan, Selliah & Fields, Anthony & Le, Duc &
Haider, Kamal & Reeder, Bruce & Ahmed, Osama & Alvi, Riaz & Iqbal, Nayyer &
Abbas, Tahir & Zaidi, Adnan & Arnold, Florence & Sami, Amer & Leis, Anne. (2015). Surgical management of the primary tumor in stage IV colorectal cancer: A validation study.2015.
Journal of Clinical Oncology. 33. 675-675. 10.1200/jco.2015.33.3_suppl.675.
- Ahmed, O. and Abbas, T. (2014) Metachronous double malignancy involving the kidney
and the breast: A case report. Case Reports in Clinical Medicine, 3, 67-69.
- Ahmed, S., et al., Time to Adjuvant Therapy and Other Variables in Localized Gastric and Gastroesophageal Junction (GEJ) Cancer (IJGC-D-13-00162). Journal of Gastrointestinal Cancer, 2014: p. 1-7.
- Ahmed, S., et al., Advances in the management of colorectal cancer: from biology to treatment. International Journal of Colorectal Disease, 2014: p. 1-12.
- PGY2 Project 2015: Evaluation of adherence to the Saskatchewan Cancer Agency (SCA) guidelines for prophylaxis of VTE (Venous thromboembolism) in hospitalized patients with cancer. (Quality project)
- PGY3 Project 2016: Correlation between Oncotype Dx and Histopathologic factors in early-stage node negative Breast cancer at Saskatoon Cancer Centre.
- Population Based Analysis of Male Patients with Breast Cancer in Alberta (Oral presentation, CAMO 2018)