When asked where he is from, Dr. Raazi thoughtfully responds that “This is a deeply existential and philosophical question to which there can be no real answer. More crudely, I was born and raised in Pakistan, lived in the US for a number of years and then became a Canadian.” He now calls Saskatchewan his home and has been practicing here since 1997, specializing in Pediatric Anesthesiology.
Dr.Raazi is the Provincial Department Head of the Department of Anesthesiology. When asked to comment on his past and current role, he shares the following:
I have been involved throughout my career in medical education, medical administration, and medical leadership in addition to my clinical practice and research involvement. I have been blessed with a very satisfying and rewarding career thus far and have been hugely fortunate in the recognition I have received as well.
My previous roles as Residency Program Director and Provincial Executive Director of Education have prepared me well for my current role as the Provincial Head for Anesthesiology. I am learning lots, contributing wherever I can and enjoying myself even in the face of significant and never-ending challenges.
Dr. Raazi undertook his medical training in Pakistan, followed by Internal Medicine and Anesthesiology residency, and several fellowships in the United States.
- Chronic Pain Management at the University of New Jersey, Newark, USA
- Pediatric Anesthesiology at the Children's Hospital of Philadelphia, University of Pennsylvania, Philadelphia, USA
- Pediatric Critical Care at the Children's Hospital of Philadelphia, University of Pennsylvania, Philadelphia, USA
- Residency Training
- Pediatric Anesthesia
Dr. Raazi’s research interests include:
- Pediatric preoperative anxiety
- Equity in pediatric dental care
- Medical education
- Healthcare systems learning and adaptation
- Physician wellness
- Medical Leadership
- Anesthesiology Resident Wellness Program at the University of Saskatchewan: curriculum content and delivery. A Chakravarti, M Raazi, J O’Brien, B Balaton. Canadian Journal of Anesthesia/Journal canadien d'anesthésie. 64 (2), 199-210. 2017
- Anesthesiology Resident Wellness Program at the University of Saskatchewan: concept and development. A Chakravarti, M Raazi, J O’Brien, B Balaton. Canadian Journal of Anesthesia/Journal canadien d'anesthésie. 64 (2), 185-198. 2017