The researchers and teams were presented with Excellence Awards during the 16th annual Santé Awards on Nov. 21 in Regina.
Excellence Awards recognize individuals and teams their top-ranked applications from researchers and teams during the past year’s research funding competitions.
- Dr. Kerry Lavender (PhD); Dept. of Biochemistry, Microbiology & Immunology— Top Establishment Grant: Biomedical
- Dr. Paul Mick (MD); Dept. of Surgery — Top Establishment Grant: Socio-Health
- Dr. David Kingston (PhD); Canadian Centre for Health and Safety in Agriculture (CCHSA) — Top Research Fellowship: Socio-Health
- Dr. Francisco Cayabyab (PhD); Dept. of Surgery — Top Collaborative Innovation Development Grant: Biomedical
- Dr. Juan Nicolás Peña-Sánchez (MD, PhD); Dept. of Community Health and Epidemiology — Top Sprout Grant
Congratulations to our researchers on their outstanding successes. For the full list of award recipients, visit SHRF’s website.