Communications & Social Media Content Creator
Employment Opportunity: Communications & Social Media Content Creator
The College of Medicine’s Division of Social Accountability (DSA) is seeking an experienced student to work as a Communications & Social Media Content Creator.
The position will run from mid-January to April 30th, 2021(with possibility of extension), with the student completing up to 10 hours a week. The position will be compensated at theundergraduate or graduate student rate, depending on the candidate.
About the DSA
We are a division of the College of Medicine at the University of Saskatchewan dedicated to health equity, anti-racist education, community-based research, advocacy, authentic partnerships and the health needs of underserved and marginalized communities.
We engage with and learn from our communities to support relevant, meaningful, and impactful health professional education, research, service and advocacy.
About the Role
The DSA is looking to publish a regular online newsletter for its growing network as well as develop regular social media content for increased engagement. We are seeking a creative writer, editor, and content creator to build on our current content and to produce a polished and engaging newsletter. The successful candidate will be responsible for the development of content, design and editing, as well as maintaining, relevant online content that generates interest, and is easily shared with social networks.
- Collaborate with the DSA to develop and expand the Division of Social Accountability’s online and social media presence
- Drafting and editing content for newsletter and social media
- Design layout and various graphical tasks
- Assist with the development of social media plans
- Editing written materials in preparation for release
- Prepare social media and newsletter stat reports
- Support the DSA staff in various additional communication tasks, as required
Skills & Qualifications:
- Excellent written communications skills
- Communications, social marketing, or journalism experience, an asset
- An up-to-date knowledge of best practices, both for web and social media content
- Experience developing, editing content for social media and online newsletters
- A finger on the pulse and a passion for maximizing content and increasing engagement
- Comfortable working independently with a proven ability to meet deadlines and prioritize tasks
- Ability to solve problems using good judgement and analytical skills
- A keen eye for detail, consistency, and quality
- Comfortable asking questions for clarification and taking initiative
- A working knowledge of design applications, and experience with graphic design is an asset
- Knowledgeable and interested in health equity, community engagement, anti-racist education
The ideal candidate will be highly organized, detail-oriented, and self-motivated, working independently and be in regular contact with DSA staff.
The College of Medicine is committed to equitable hiring practices that support diversity and inclusion. We are dedicated to recruiting individuals who will enrich our work and learning environments. All qualified candidates are encouraged to apply.
How to Apply:
Submit the following to email@example.com, subject Social Accountability Communications Position, by Jan 14th, 2022.
- Resume demonstrating relevant experience
- Short cover letter giving examples demonstrating your qualifications for the position
We thank all applicants for their interest. Only those selected for an interview will be contacted.