Looking for opportunities to find
Medical Education Journals
Here is a listing of Medical Education Journals and details about each which you can use when considering publishing.
Medical Education Research Grants/Funding
Here is a listing of possible funding sources for medical education research and scholarship.
Other grant options include:
College of Physicians and Surgeons of Canada
Applications for Professional Development Grants and CPD Activity Grants are available year-round for Fellows or physician organizations planning self-directed or departmental learning activities:
- Professional Development Grants (up to $4,000): open to Fellows in good standing who are embarking on a planned learning project, as defined under Section 2 of the Maintenance of Certification (MOC) Program. Projects may include learning a new skill or expand an area of competence relevant to the scope of practice or to support participation in formal courses offered by a university, college or institution.
- CPD Activity Grants (up to $2,000): open to physician organizations planning continuing professional development (CPD) group learning events, as recognized and defined under Section 1 of the MOC Program or accredited simulation activities with Section 3 of the MOC Program.
More information… - From the RCPSC website
CFPC Research Grants
The Foundation for Advancing Family Medicine has grants available for Family Physicians - https://fafm.cfpc.ca/h-a/research-grant/
GEA National Research Grant Award
For funding for high-quality research proposals on the following topics:
- Professional identity formation
- Learning wellbeing or mistreatment
- The learning environment
- Faculty development
- Training across the continuum of education
- Inter-professional education
- Competency-based education, EPAs, or milestones
- Self-directed/self-regulated learning
The CGEA also has
Internal Funding Support:
To provide financial assistance for proposal development expenses relating to Large Scale Tri-Agency and Large Scale
Deadlines: May 1 & September 15
Contact: Janice Michael, Financial Development Specialist, Strategic Research Initiatives, 306-966-2091
Publications Fund from Research Services: Up to $1000, and possibly $1500 (when funding is available).
Members of the University academic, student or administrative community are eligible to apply for a Conference Fund Grant ranging in value from $250 and $5,000.
Deadlines: January 1, May 1, and September 1
Contact: Office of the Vice-Provost, 306-966-8490/306-966-1923
Mentorship for research is available and can be accessed through your department head or research facilitator. Having a mentor can be a great source of support for research especially when you are starting out. Finding a mentor usually just involves thinking who can help you, has the knowledge of
Medical Education Research and Scholarship Day (MERSD)
This is an annual event through faculty development to showcase medical education research and scholarship in the health professions. Check out our Events section each January for the call for abstracts. This year’s event is in Regina on June 7th. Register here.
Indigenous Resources for research
For research, we recommend you review the information at the following link:
Indigenous researchers in the College of Medicine:
Thinking about your thinking – click on the image above to download and use this template to record “process notes” to reflect on what you want to use or take away from this page. This can be similar to writing a progress note on patient care. Download this pdf and keep it as a record. Write out your comments on what you are learning and come back to this from time to time to see how your thoughts and feelings are changing. Review what you have written and re-comment on how you are applying what you are learning to your day to day practice.
Faculty Development Website Survey
Click the link below to complete a short survey that will assist us in continuous improvement of our website. We sincerely appreciate your feedback here.