The Gwenna Moss Teaching and Learning Centre has many resources to help with teaching. Visit their website to learn about their programs.
The Gwenna Moss Centre is committed to supporting and improving teaching and learning at the University of Saskatchewan. They have a variety of courses, workshops and events to help faculty, instructors and grad students. View their list of courses and workshops.
Faculty Development Library
Easily check out the hard copies of the resources we have available in Faculty Development! We have a FD “Library” which you can now scan online to see if we have titles of books or medical education articles you might be interested in. These are available for borrowing by contacting: email@example.com.
We are happy for these resources to be used by individuals in the College of Medicine or other Health Professions, anyone participating in our FD programming, as well as to have them go out to distributed teaching sites in SK. Go to https://cmfdlibrary.librarika.com/. If there are great titles related to medical education that you think we should have, let us know. We welcome your suggestions.
Health Sciences Library
The USask Health Sciences Library also has resources on faculty development, especially on areas relating to teaching. Search the library catalogue for a specific title, or go to https://libguides.usask.ca/medicine and contact the librarian listed as the Subject Guide for help finding books on a particular topic.
The USask Health Sciences Library also has resources that you can access that can help with research. University Library Resources & Services that Support Medical Education Research & Scholarship
Other Internal Links
The Teaching and Learning webspace is wonderful and exceptionally
Clinical Teaching Tips
- Clinical Teaching Tips - Resources for Family Physicians (PDF)
- Clinical Teaching Tips - Resources for Specialists (PDF)
TIPS manual PDF - This is the manual resource which supports the TIPS for Residents teacher training course.
(Please note that the files above are zip files and must be unzipped before you can view the eBook on your Mac or PC)
Basic PowerPoint (USask Wiki)
Other External Resources
- The College of Family Physicians of Canada supports teachers
- AMEE – Association of Medical Education Europe
- The Learning Scientists is a group of cognitive psychological scientists interested in research on education. Their main research focus is on the science of learning. Their Vision is to make scientific research on learning more accessible to students, teachers, and other educators.
- Family Medicine: College of Family Physicians of Canada Triple C curriculum and Faculty Development Resources
- What are learning analytics? For information on Learning Analytics go to AskAMEE for a primer. Note the SK connection – Dr. Brent Thoma!
- Layered Learning - Integrating learners into your clinical practice. View here
- 10 Steps to Course Development - Quick Tips - University of Toronto
- CanMEDS and faculty development resources
- External resource for students: STFM Resources for Students: Student Onboarding
- Competencies for Teachers - FTA Framework:
- Effective small group learning: AMEE Guide No. 48
- Basic steps in establishing effective small group teaching sessions in medical schools