Frequently Asked Questions
1. Is there registration on race day?
We are sorry but we cannot register participants on race day in order to record the running times of all participants in an efficient manner.
Please find below the deadlines for our event:
- Individual registrations to ensure participant shirts: AUGUST 12th, 2021
- All registrations shall close: SEPTEMBER 8th, 2021
2. How do we ensure accuracy of our distances?
We measure all of our event distances using three methods to ensure accuracy of our distances:
- industry-standard Jones Counter on a bike
- GPS mobile applications (ie. Map My Run)
- a Garmin GPS
- Online websites such as www.gpsvisualizer.com to ensure accuracy of our distances.
Our goal is to keep measurement error at no greater than 1% for each course.
Please Note: Our courses are NOT CERTIFIED by any body as there are costs associated with certification. We are primarily a fun fundraiser event, coordinated 100% by volunteers.
*Note: This year due to COVID-19 and the virtual format we will be using a fitness tracking app to keep track of the distance for you
3. How is the race being timed?
Our event is organized by the Student Medical Society of Saskatchewan (SMSS). We strive to provide the best timing method we can, while taking into account our budget and number of participants for the current year.
Since 2014, we offer chip timing!
*Note: Due to COVID-19 and the virutal format, we will not be offering chip timing this year and timing will be done through the fitness app.
4. Is the course certified or a Boston Marathon Qualifier?Unfortunately, our courses are not certified and do not qualify for the Boston Marathon. However, we do take efforts to ensure the accuracy of our distances.
6. What are the time limits to complete the courses?
The race is scheduled to start at 8:30 AM sharp. Currently, we are discussing possible staggered start times for the different events, depending on registration numbers. This information will be provided as soon as possible. Our event is open from 7:30 AM to 12 PM. The event shall close at Noon and the finish line setup shall be taken down shortly after noon. All late runners are requested to walk/run on the sidewalk and may not be provided with any direction by road marshals or official race times.
*Note: In the case of a virtual event due to COVID-19 a virual format may take place. In such event the race distance must be started and finished on Saturday, September 11th, 2021. However, currently the event is scheduled to take place in person at Rotary Park in Saskatoon, SK.