Frequently Asked Questions
1. Is there registration on race day?
We are sorry but we cannot register participants on race day in order to record the running times of all participants in an efficient manner.
Please find below the deadlines for our event:
- Team Registrations to ensure team names on shirts: AUGUST 25, 2018
- Individual registrations to ensure participant shirts: AUGUST 25, 2018
- All registrations shall close: SEPTEMBER 5, 2018
2. How do we ensure accuracy of our distances?
We measure all of our event distances using three methods to ensure accuracy of our distances:
- industry-standard Jones Counter on a bike
- GPS mobile applications (ie. Map My Run)
- a Garmin GPS
- Online websites such as www.gpsvisualizer.com to ensure accuracy of our distances.
Our goal is to keep measurement error at no greater than 1% for each course.
Please Note: Our courses are NOT CERTIFIED by any body as there are costs associated with certification. We are primarily a fun fundraiser event, coordinated 100% by volunteers.
3. How is the race being timed?
Our event is organized by the Student Medical Society of Saskatchewan (SMSS). We strive to provide the best timing method we can, while taking into account our budget and number of participants for the current year.
Since 2014, we offer chip timing!
4. Is the course certified or a Boston Marathon Qualifier?Unfortunately, our courses are not certified and do not qualify for the Boston Marathon. However, we do take efforts to ensure the accuracy of our distances.
6. What are the time limits to complete the courses?
The race is scheduled to start at 8:30 AM sharp. Currently, we are discussing possible staggered start times for the different events, depending on registration numbers. This information will be provided as soon as possible. Our event is open from 7:30 AM to 12 PM. The event shall close at Noon and the finish line setup shall be taken down shortly after noon. All late runners are requested to walk/run on the sidewalk and may not be provided with any direction by road marshals or official race times.