Resources for Opioids/Addiction and Pain
These resources were compiled by
- This AFMC e-primer was developed for UGME but has good basic content and a number of case vignettes and studies that may be useful at the PG level.
MetaPhi(attached) and the CAMH tool kit are good Family Medicine practice tools.
- Both BC and Alberta have archived their Opioid Agonist Therapy training on-line and expanded the content to cover addiction more broadly.
- This is the online course recommended by the CPSS for buprenorphine/naloxone prescribing. This plus a full day of Addiction Medicine exposure is all that is required for prescribing.
- The CFPC has an
open accesssite for alcohol Screening, Brief Intervention and Referral. It has not integrated anti-craving medication however, which would greatly increase the efficacy of Family Medicine care and support. That is covered in Meta Phi
- The Canadian Society of Addiction Medicine, Canadian Centre on Substance Use and Addiction, American Society of Addiction Medicine and
USNational Institute on Drug Abuse are all good resources.
- For recovery support and to engage people in the efficacy and beauty of this work look at