2019 Highlights in Medicine
June 20–June 22, 201934th Annual Alumni Reunion and Conference
University of Saskatchewan
Honoured years: 1949, 1954, 1959, 1964, 1969, 1974, 1979, 1984, 1989, 1994, 1999, 2004, 2009 and 2014.
Hosted by the College of Medicine Alumni Association.
View presentations from the event:
- 34th Annual Honorary Alumni Lecture: Dr. Michael Kelly (MD'99) – Saskatchewan stroke strategy
- 15th Annual Clara and Frank Gertler Lecture in Medicine: Melinda Richter (BComm’92) – Good things happen when you listen View presentation or video
- Fifth Annual Dr. Anita Chakravarti Lecture in Wellness: Betty-Ann Heggie (BEd'75) – Breaking down gender stereotypes for personal and professional success Listen to presentation
- 12th Annual Betty-Ann and Wade Heggie Lecture in Integrative Medicine: Dr. Rob Rutledge – From neuroscience to daily practice: an evidence-based patient empowerment program for prostate cancer View PDF or video
- Keynote Speaker: Dr. Susan Tupper, BScPT, (PhD’12) – From ‘no pain, no gain’ to ‘if it hurts don’t do it’: what’s the right balance in exercise for chronic pain? View PDF
- Dr. Earle DeCoteau (MD’64) – A look at some of the major problems of aging and what can be done to retard them View PDF
- Dr. B. David Stollar (MD'59) – The impact of immigrant faculty in our early years View PDF
- Dr. Rob Weiler (MD'79) – MAID in Saskatchewan reflections on medical assistance in dying View PDF