Verification of Residency Training
How to request a verification of residency, including associated fees
Physicians normally need a verification of training when applying for a new job. You can request a postgraduate verification of training by contacting the PGME office and paying the associated fees.
- In Canada, residency training programs are accredited by the Royal College of Physicians and Surgeons of Canada (RCPSC) and the College of Family Physicians of Canada (CFPC) which is the equivalent of the United States’ ACGME.
- The Federation of Medical Licensing Authorities of Canada (now FMRAC) was the official accrediting agency for Rotating Internships. Rotating Internships are no longer offered in Canada; since 1994 trainees must complete an approved RCPSC or CFPC training program.
- Fees for providing this service must be received at the PGME office prior to providing a verification.
- Verifications are completed by the PGME office and signed by the Associate Dean, PGME.
- The minimum turn-around time is three weeks from the date the fee is received. Due to high volume, we are unable to accommodate urgent requests.
- For verifications of undergraduate medical school training, contact the UGME office.
Please provide the following forms with your submission:
- Completed Postgraduate Medical Education Verification Fee Payment Form
- Verification form
- Authorization to release information form
- Payment - Accepted forms of payment are cheque or credit card (Visa or MasterCard only). Cheques should be made payable to the University of Saskatchewan.
|Fees for verifications|
|Verification of Postgraduate Medical Training (Resident/ Internship) including document retrieval costs and file review||$75.00|
|Courier documents within Canada||$15.00|
|Courier documents to U.S||$25.00|
|Courier documents to international||$35.00|
|FAX documents within Canada & U.S (per page)||$2.00|
|Notarization of Document(s) (each)||$10.00|
Submissions can be sent in one of the following ways:
Mail / Courier
PGME Office - St. Andrew's College
Room 413 - 1121 College Drive Saskatoon, SK Canada S7N 0W3
PGME Office - Room 411 - St. Andrew's College
1121 College Drive - Saskatoon, SK Canada S7N 0W3
Hours: 8:30 am – 4:30 pm, (M-F) Closed Weekends and Statutory Holidays
Email (Do not email credit card information; please phone or fax the PGME office)
Attention: Samantha Curnew
Fax (credit card information can be faxed)