If you are unable to locate the information you are looking for below, please Contact Dr. Bruna Bonavia-Fisher.
If you are a new faculty member and are interested in the Research Mentorship Program, please contact the Research Facilitator in your Department, your Department Head, or the OVDR.
|Mariam Alaverdashvili, PhD||Psychiatry|
|Tova Dybvig, MSc||Pediatrics|
|Lori Ebbesen, EdD||School of Rehabilitation Science|
|Tom Graham, PhD||Emergency Medicine|
|Karen Mosier, MSc||Surgery|
|Darren Nickel, PhD||Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation|
|Jennifer O'Brien, PhD||Anesthesiology, Perioperative Medicine and Pain Management|
|Ozlem Sari, PhD||Medicine|
|Bruna Bonavia-Fisher, PhD||
College of Medicine
Biomedical Departments: Anatomy, Physiology and Pharmacology; Biochemistry, Microbiology and Immunology
Clinical Departments: Family Medicine; Medical Imaging; Obstetrics and Gynecology; Ophthalmology; Pathology and Laboratory Medicine
Population Health Department: Community Health and Epidemiology
Division of Oncology
Funding Opportunities Information
To receive information about funding opportunities, there are four available listservs to which you can subscribe. If subscribed, you will receive authomatic emails when a competition is announced, or when the internal deadlines for grant reviewing are circulated.
To Subscribe/Unsubscribe to Listserv(s):
- Click on your desired Listserv link.
- Enter your email address, then select Subscribe or Unsubscribe.
- You will receive an email asking to confirm; click on the URL. You must send the confirmation in order to subscribe to the List.
- A second email will confirm your successful subscription.
The University of Saskatchewan offers a number of internal funding opportunities to faculty members to support their research, scholarly, and artistic activities.
|Vicky Duncan||(306)966-6023||Community Health and Epidemiology; Denistry; Pharmacy; Public Health|
|Susan Murphy||(306) 966-6022||Veterinary Medicine; Toxicology; One Health|
|Catherine Boden||(306)966-2931||Biomedical Sciences; Kinesiology; Rehabilitation Science|
|Erin Watson||(306) 966-7327||Clinical Medicine Sciences|
Ethics & Approvals
For grant development information, please visit:
Before you start writing your grant, make sure that you are aware of the Funding Agency’s deadline to submit as well as the Usask internal deadline for submitting to Research Services and Ethics Office (RSEO).
*The latter deadline is ALWAYS 5 working days prior to the Agency’s deadline
*If the funding agency requires a REAL signature, you must drop the signature pagen o at all of the offices required by the funding agency PRIOR to uploading to UnivRS
- Download the pdf of your complete Application Package
- Visit ; login with your NSID and password
- Top right, click on + Add new > Project > Project Application
- Click on Externally Funded
- Complete all fields marked with a red asterisk
- Under the Documents Menu tab, upload your complete grant application .pdf under Final Project Documents
- When all * are filled, click Save and Update Status
- Select Submitted for Approval and click Done
- Send an email to your department head to alert him/her to approve the application in
You will receive a compliance review from RSEO via e-mail.
NOTE: you cannot submit your application to the funding agency until you have addressed the compliance review comments
If the funding agency requires a signed copy you must drop the signature page at all the offices required by the funding agency.
To check which office has approved your application:
Check the Approval and Log tab. It will say: For Approval by Department Head, or For Approval by Dean.
If it has already gone through the academic approvals it will say For Review by Approval Coordinator or For Review by Specialist.
The following grants participate in the Usask internal review:
- Main Tri-Council Grants
Follow us on Twitter! @usask_OVDR
Office of the Vice-Dean Research