About Dr. Ken Yong-Hing
Dr. Yong-hing practices part-time as a spine surgeon. For seven years (1985-1992) he was the Program Director of the Orthopaedic Residency Training Program, Department of Surgery, University of Saskatchewan, Canada. For sixteen years (1986-2002) he was Head of the Division of Orthopaedics; and Director of Research, Division of Orthopaedics, Department of Surgery, University of Saskatchewan; and Head of the Department of Orthopaedics, Royal University Hospital, Saskatoon.
- 1979 - Orthopedic Fellowship, University of Saskatchewan, Canada
- 1978 - Research Fellowship, Alfred I. Dupont Institute, Wilmington, Delaware, USA
- 1978 - FRCSC (Orthopaedic Surgery), University of Saskatchewan, Canada
- 1974 - FRCS, Glasgow (General Surgery), Liverpool, UK
- 1968 - MB,ChB, University of Liverpool Medical School, UK
- E. R. Bohm, V. Bubbar, K. Yong-Hing, A. Dzus. 2006. Above elbow and below elbow casts for distal forearm fractures in children: a randomized, controlled trial. J Bone Joint Surg, 88(Am):1-8.
- N. Zheng, L.G. Watson, K. Yong-Hing, 1997. Biomechanical modelling of the human sacroiliac joint. Medical and Biological Engineering and Computing 35:77-82
- E.Joughin, C.McDougall, K.Yong-Hing, C.Parfitt and W.H.Kirkaldy-Willis, 1990. Etiology and clinical management of vertebral osteomyelitis in Saskatchewan. Spine 16:161-164.
- K.Yong-Hing and W.H.Kirkaldy-Willis, 1983. The pathophysiology of degenerative disease of the lumbar spine. Orthop Clin North Am, 14:491-504.
- K.Yong-Hing and G.D.MacEwen, 1982. Scoliosis associated with osteogenesis imperfecta: results of treatment. J Bone Joint Surg, 64(B):36-43.
- K.Yong-Hing, V.de Korompay, J.Reilly and W.H.Kirkaldy-Willis, 1980. Prevention of nerve root adhesions after laminectomy. Spine, 5:59-64.
- K.Yong-Hing, A.Kalamchi and G.D.MacEwen, 1979. Cervical spine abnormalities in neurofibromatosis. J Bone Joint Surg, 61(A):695-699.
- W.H.Kirkaldy-Willis,J. Reilly, K.Yong-Hing and J.H.Wedge, 1978. Pathogenesis of lumbar spinal stenosis. Spine, 3:319-382.
- K.Yong-Hing, J.Reilly and W.H.Kirkaldy-Willis, 1976. The Ligamentum Flavum. Spine, 1:226-268.