About Dr. Chunjie Wang
2009-2014 - Residency, Anatomical Pathology, University of Manitoba, Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada. Royal College of Physicians of Canada and American Board of Pathology accredited program
2008-2008 - Observership, Department of pathology, Toronto General Hospital, Toronto, Canada.
1987-1995 - Residency/Ph.D., Pathology, Fourth Military Medical, University, Xi’an, ShaanXi, P.R.China
1982-1987 - MD, Fourth Military Medical University, Xi’an, China
Certifications & Memberships
2014 - Certificate of Anatomic Pathology, FRCPC, of RCPSC
2014 - Fellow of College of American Pathologist
2007 - United States Medical Licensing Exams (USMLE step 1-3)
2007 - Educational Commission for Foreign Medical Graduates (ECFMG)
1987 - MD. Fourth Military Medical University, Xi’an, ShaanXi, P.R. China
2014 - Best multiple-heads micro-session with residents, Deparement of Pathology and Laboratory medicine, University of Saskatchewan
2013 - Travel award from The Intersociety Council for Pathology Information (ICPI).
2012 - Dr Sam McMorris Memorial Fund Award for Scholarly Activity, Department of Pathology, University of Manitoba
2000 - Post-Doctoral Travelling Awards of Fourteenth Spring Meeting of Canadian Society of Immunology, Montreal, Canada
1999-2000 - Post-doctoral Fellowship awarded over two years by arthritis, Center of Excellence, University of Toronto (Cdn$ 60,000).
1999 - The Excellence Award of Scientific and Technologic Advancement of P. R. China, 2nd class.
1998 - The Outstanding Award of Scientific and Technologic Advancement of PLA, China, 2nd class.
Areas of interest
As a surgical pathologist with solid research background in molecular pathology and cancer biology, my interests focus on the following areas of my practice.
- Teaching and training medical students and pathology residents
- Translation research in cancer, especially breast cancer
- Quality control and quality assurance in anatomical pathology
- Quality control and quality assurance in immunostaining and FISH/CISH
- Molecular pathology
- Wang CJ, Tran-Thanh D, Moreno JC, Cawthorn TR, Jacks LM, Wang DY, McCready DR, Done SJ. Expression of Abl interactor 1 and its prognostic significance in breast cancer: a tissue-array-based investigation. Breast Cancer Res Treat. 2011 Sep;129(2):373-86
- Wang CJ, Iakovlev VV, Wong V, Leung S, Warren K, Iakovleva G, Arneson NC, Pintilie M, Miller N, Youngson B, McCready DR, Done SJ. Genomic alterations in primary breast cancers compared with their sentinel and more distal lymph node metastases: an aCGH study. Genes Chromosomes Cancer. 2009 Dec; 48(12):1091-101.
- Iakovlev VV, Arneson NC, Wong V, Wang CJ, Leung S, Iakovleva G, Warren K, Pintilie M, Done SJ. Genomic differences between pure ductal carcinoma in situ of the breast and that associated with invasive disease: a calibrated aCGH study. Clin Cancer Res. 2008 Jul 15;14(14):4446-54.
- Wang CJ, Navab R, Iakovlev V, Leng Y, Zhang JY, Tsao MS, Siminovitch K, McCready DR, Done SJ Abelson-interactor protein 1 positively regulates breast cancer cell proliferation, migration and invasion Molecular Cancer research, 2007; Oct., 5 (9): 1031-9.
- Wang CJ, Gu Y, Cohen A. Effect of IGF-1 on the balance between autophagy of dysfunctional mitochondrial and apoptosis. FEBS lett., 2004; 577(3):357-60
- Wang CJ, Gu Y, Roifman CM, Cohen A. Role of MHC class I in immune surveillance of mitochondrial DNA integrity. J. Immunology, 2003, 170(7): 3603-7
- Wang CJ, Hayashi H, Harrison R, Chiu B, Chan JR. Ostergaard HL, Inman RD, Jongstra J, Cybulsky MI, Jongstra-Bilen J. Modulation of Mac-1 (CD11b/CD18)-mediated Adhesion by the leukocyte-specific protein 1 is key to its role in neutrophil polarization and chemotaxis. J. Immunology, 2002,169 (1):415-423
- Jongstra-Bilen J, Misener V.L., Wang CJ, Ginzberg H,Auerbach A, Joyner A L, Downey G., Jongstra J. LSP1 modulates leukocyte populations in resting and inflamed peritoneum BLOOD, 2000;Vol 96 (5): 1827-35
- Wang CJ, Qiu H M. Mucinous cystadenocarcinoma of the breast: A case report and literature review. Arch Pathol Lab Med 2012: Sep. Vol 136:1141 Poster#23
- Kanwar N, Wang CJ, Clemons M, Done SJ. Single cell whole genome amplification for high density SNP analysis of circulating tumour cells in early breast cancer. CANCER RESEARCH; 70(24 Suppl.) December 15, 2010.
- Kanwar N, Wang CJ, Clemons M, Done SJ. Single cell whole genome amplification for high density SNP analysis of circulating tumour cells in early breast cancer. PROCEDINGS OF THE AMERICAN ASSOCIATION FOR CANCER RESEARCH (2010) A2120.
- Tran-Thanh D, Wang CJ, Cawthorn T, Wang D, McCready DR, and Done SJ Expression of Abelson-interactor protein 1 (ABI-1) in breast cancer and its association with phosphor-AKT. Modern Pathology ,2009; January, p343A, Abstract#1556.
- Tran-Thanh D, Iakovlev V, Wang C J, Wong V, Warren K, Arneson N C R, McCready D R, Boerner S, Miller N, Youngson B, Leong W and Done S J.Identification of molecular alterations leading to malignancy in ductoscopically procured mammary epithelial cells. Modern Pathology 2009; January, p96A, Abstract#423.
- Wang CJ, Iakovlev V, Wong V, Leung S, Warren K, Iakovleva G, Arneson N.C.R, Pintilie M, Naomi Miller, Youngson B, McCready D.R, Done S J Genomic alterations in primary breast cancer and their sentinel lymph node metastases detectd by array CGH Proc Amer Assoc Cancer Res 2008; April 49: 347
- Tran-Thanh D, Iakovlev V, Wang CJ, Wong V, Warren K, Arneson N C, Leong W, McCready D, Boerner S, Miller N, Youngson B, Done S J, Use of a Double Lumen Catheter in Mammary Ductoscopy Increases Epithelial Cell Yield Proc Amer Assoc Cancer Res 2008; April 49: 3369
- Vladimir Iakovlev, Nona Arneson, Vietty Wong, Chunjie Wang, Stephanie Leung, Gaiane Iakovleva, Keisha Warren, Melania Pintilie, Susan Done,. Genomic alterations associated with the progression to invasive breast cancer revealed by array comparative genomic hybridization. Virchows Archiv, 2008, 452:S1–S286.
- V V Iakovlev, N C Arneson, CJ Wang, S J Done. Segments of DNA copy number preferentially altered in invasive breast cancer. 58th Annual Meeting of the Canadian Association of Pathologists, 2007. Pathology - Research and Practice, 2008, 204:31.
- V V Iakovlev, N C Arneson, CJ Wang, S J Done. Genomic changes of in situ and invasive breast cancer identified by array comparative genomic hybridization. Proceedings of American Association for Cancer Research annual meeting, 2007.
- Wang CJ, Arneson N, McCready M, McCready D, Done S. Investigation of Molecular Alterations in Sentinel Lymph Node Metastasis and Primary Breast Cancer Using Array Comparative Genomic Hybridization. Proc Amer Assoc Cancer Res 2005; 46: 5572.