Dr. Briggs is an obstetrician gynecologist, certified by the Royal College of Physicians and Surgeons of Canada. She has a BSc. (Hon) in Biomedical Science from the University of Guelph. She completed medical school at Queen’s University in Kingston, ON. She completed specialty residency training in Obstetrics and Gynecology at the University of Saskatchewan in Saskatoon, SK. Fellowship training in minimally invasive gynecologic surgery was done at the University of Saskatchewan in Regina, SK. She has a special interest in minimally invasive surgery including laparoscopy and hysteroscopy, laparoscopic hysterectomy, myomectomy and endometriosis. She offers a full range of options for management of gynecologic issues including abnormal bleeding, prolapse, incontinence and infertility. Dr. Briggs also provides complete obstetrical care for low and high-risk pregnancies. Outside of work, I am a busy mom of 3 beautiful kids and I enjoy spending as much time with them as I can.
- Minimally Invasive Surgery including Laparoscopy and Hysteroscopy
- Laparoscopic Hysterectomy
- Thiel J, Briggs M, Pohlman S, Rattray D. Evaluation of the NovaSure Endometrial Ablation Procedure in Women with Uterine Sounding Lengths Greater than 10cm. J Obstet Gynaecol Can. 2014 Jun;36(6):491-7.
- Briggs, MM, Bourne, K, Thiel, JA. Prevalence of pelvic pain prior to and following Novasure endometrial ablation procedure. The Journal of Minimally Invasive Gynecology 2012;19(6):S102-103.
- Strueby, L, Briggs, M, Givelichian, L. Necrotizing enterocolitis in preterm infants and mode of delivery. Intensive Care Medicine 2011;37(suppl 2):S371.
- Briggs MM, Hopman WM, Jamieson MA. Comparing pregnancy in adolescents and adults: obstetric outcomes and prevalence of anemia. J Obstet Gynaecol Can. 2007 Jul;29(7):546-55.
- Lam HD, Lemay AM, Briggs MM, Yung M, Hill CE. Modulation of Kir4.2 rectification properties and pHi-sensitive run-down by association with Kir5.1. Biochim Biophys Acta. 2006 Nov;1758(11):1837-45. Epub 2006 Jul 21.