About Dr. Rob Woods
BSc Anatomy - University of Saskatchewan (2000)
MD - University of Saskatchewan (2002)
FRCPC - University of Alberta (2007)
MMEd - Centre for Medical Education, Dundee Scotland (2011)
Rob has been working in Saskatoon since 2008 in both the Adult & Pediatric Emergency Departments. He has been heavily involved in medical education since that time. He was the Clerkship Director from 2008-2011, started an annual Emergency Medicine conference in Saskatchewan (SEMAC) in 2009, has been running annual Faculty Developmont Workshops on teaching since 2012, and is the founder and program director of the FRCPC Emergency Medicine Residency Program, which began in 2011. He also serves as the EMS Medical Advisor for Saskatoon Health Region and is a Trauma Team Leader.
- 2016 CBC Top 40 Under 40
- 2015 Canadian Association of Medical Education Certificate of Merit
- 2015 Canadian Association of Emergency Physicians Conference – Top Education Innovation Abstract: Martin L, Besserer F, Woods RA. Emergency Medicine Residency Program serving as EMS Medical Advisor: An Evaluation of Curriculum Effectiveness and Performance
- 2014 Canadian Association of Emergency Physicians Conference – Top Resident Abstract: Sullivan E, Patterson Q, Woods RA, Fuller D. Emergency Physicians as human billboards for injury prevention: a randomized controlled trial
- 2011 Canadian Association of Emergency Physicians Teacher of the Year
- 2009, 2010 & 2011 University of Saskatchewan College of Medicine Clinical Teacher of the Year (Saskatoon)
- 2006 Canadian Association of Emergency Physicians Resident Leadership Award
- College of Medicine – 2015 & 2016 Dean’s Summer Research Program - $10,000.00
- Canadian Association of Emergency Physicians Junior Investigator Research Grant - $5,000.00
- Thoma B, Woods RA. Royal College Robert Maudsley Education Fellowship Grant 2015 - $40,000.00
- SGI & ABI Partnership Project – Community Grants Program 2013 - $19,600.00. Sullivan ER, Woods RA. Can an Injury Prevention Program Increase Counseling in the Emergency Department?
- College of Medicine – 2012 Dean’s Summer Research Program - $5,000.00. Finningley A, Woods RA. Knowledge Translation of Guidelines for the Management of Recent onset Atrial Fibrillation & Flutter
- College of Medicine – 2012 Dean’s Summer Research Program - $5,000.00. Ferguson J, Sadoway R, Woods RA. Pediatric Weight Estimation: When we guess wrong what are the pharmacologic implications?
- College of Medicine – 2011 Dean’s Summer Research Program - $5,000.00. Phillips K, Regush L, Woods RA. Prospective Outcomes of Symptomatic Early Pregnancy Correlated with Emergency Department Ultrasound Findings.
- Saskatoon Health Region – 2009 Summer Student Grant - $8,000.00. Crowder K, Lalani NJ, Stempien J, Woods RA. The Development of a CanMEDS based Multi-source Feedback Tool for Practicing Emergency Physicians.
Full a full list of publications, please see Rob Woods' Google Schollar page listed above.