- 2011 - 2013: Master of Community Health and Epidemiology (Dalhousie)
- 2004 - 2008: Medical Doctor with Special Training in Research (University of Alberta)
- 1999 - 2003: Bachelor of Science with Honors in Physiology (University of Alberta)
- 2016 - Present: Emergency Physician and Research Director, Department of Emergency Medicine, University of Saskatchewan
- 2013 - 2016: Emergency Medicine Resident, Dalhousie University
- 2011 - 2013: Clinician Investigator Program
- 2008 - 2011: General Surgery Resident Dalhousie
- Hohl CM, Rosychuk RJ, Hau JP, Hayward J, Landes M, Yan JW, Ting DK, Welsford M, Archambault PM, Mercier E, Chandra K, Davis P, Vaillancourt S, Leeies M, Small S, Morrison LJ. Treatments, resource utilization, and outcomes of COVID-19 patients presenting to emergency departments across pandemic waves: an observational study by the Canadian COVID-19 Emergency Department Rapid Response Network (CCEDRRN). Canadian Journal of Emergency Medicine, 2022; 1-2.
- Daniel RC, Atzema CL, Cho DD, Davis PJ, Costello LL. Which recommendations are you using? A survey of emergency physician management of paroxysmal atrial fibrillation. Canadian Journal of Cardiology Open, 2022.
- Lin K, Xu K, Daoust R, Taylor J, Rosychuk RJ, Hau JP, Davis P, Clark G, McRae A, Hohl CM. Diagnostic accuracy of age-adjusted D-dimer for pulmonary embolism among Emergency Department patients with suspected SARS-COV-2: A Canadian COVID-19 Emergency Department Rapid Response Network study. medRxiv, 2022.
- Hohl CM, Rosychuk AD, McRac AD, Brooks SC, Archambault P, Fok P,Davis PJ, et al. (2021). Development of the Canadian COVID-19 Emergency Department Rapid Response Network population-based registry: a methodology study. CMAJ open 9 (1), E261
- Scheirer O, Leach A, Netherton S, Mondal P, Hillier T, Lafond G, LaFontaine T, Davis PJ (2021). Outcomes of out of hospital cardiac arrest in First Nations and non-First Nations patients in Saskatoon. Canadian Journal of Emergency Medicine 23 (1), 75-79
- Sedlakova A, Olsynski P, Davis PJ, Froh J (2020). Prehospital ultrasound use among Canadian Aeromedical Service Providers: A Cross-sectional Survey. CJEM. 22(3): 338-341
- Johnson T, Davis PJ (2020). The occasional bougie-assisted cricothyroidotomy. CJRM. 25:41-8.
- Netherton S, Milenkovic V, Taylor M, Davis PJ (2019). Diagnostic Accuracy of E-FAST in the trauma patient: a systematic review and meta-analysis. CJEM 21(6): 727-738.
- Allan K, Dorian P, Lin C, C-SCAN Investigators (Grunau B, Christenson J, Fordyce C, Blanchard I, Lazarenko L, DeCaen A, Van Diepen S, Ezekowitz J, Bakal B, Brooks-Lim E, Davis P, Olszynski P, Garner J, Cheskes C, Huyer D, Cunningham K, Morrison L, Dainty K, Ko D, Tan N, Lawler P, Vaillancourt C, Charette M, Green M, Udupa S, Segal E, Demontigny L, Potter B, Sapp J, Jensen J, Carter A, Bowes M, Connors S, Duffet S, Metcalfe B, Avis S, Sibley A) (2019). Developing a Pan-Canadian Registry of Sudden Cardiac Arrest: Challenges and Opportunities. CJC Open 1(2):53-6.
- Bell C, Prokopchuk-Gauk O, Cload B, Stirling A, Davis PJ (2018). Optimum Accuracy of Massive Transfusion Protocol Activation: The Clinician’s View. Cureus 10(12): e368.
- Sawa J, Green R, Thoma B, Erdogan E, Davis PJ (2018). Risk factors for adverse outcomes in older adults with blunt chest trauma: a systematic review. CJEM. 20 (4), 614-622.
- Pollman AS, Bailey JG, Davis PJ, Johnson PJ (2017). Antibiotic utilization among older adults on an acute care general surgery service. Can J Surg. 60(6):388-393.
- Davis PJ, Butler B, Magee K, Thoma, B, Nickson C, Truger NS. (2017) How robust are studies in the ABEM Maintenance of Certification LLS? An examination of fragility and bias of included RCTs (2017). AEMET 2017 Oct;1(4):251-254.
- Bailey JG, Davis PJ, Levy AR, Molinari M, Johnson PM (2016). The impact of adverse events on healthcare costs for older adults undergoing non-elective abdominal sugery. Can J Surg. 59(3):172-9.
- Davis PJ, Bailey JG, Molinari M, Hayden J, Johnson PM (2016). The impact of non-elective abdominal surgery on the residential status of older adult patients. Ann Surg. 263(2):274-9.
- Chang JP, GR Sawisky GR, Davis PJ, Pemberton JG, Rieger AM, Barreda DR (2014). Relationship between nitric oxide- and calcium-dependent signal transduction pathways in growth hormone release from dispersed goldfish pituitary cells. Gen Comp Endocrinol. 206:118-29.
- Allen S and Davis PJ (2014). I popped my knee. Can. J. Diagnosis. 31(10).
- Springer JE, Bailey JG, Davis PJ, Johnson PM (2014). Management and outcomes of small bowel obstruction in older adult patients: a prospective cohort study. Can. J. Surg 57(6):379-84.
- Davis PJ, Hayden J, Springer JE, Bailey JG, Molinari M, Johnon PJ (2014). Prognostic factors for morbidity and mortality in elderly patients undergoing acute gastrointestinal surgery: A systematic review. Can. J. Surg 57(2): E44-52.
- Bailey JG, Hayden JA, Davis PJ, Liu RY, Haardt D, Ellsmere J (2014). Robotic versus laparoscopic Roux-en-Y gastric bypass (RYGB) in obese adults ages 18 to 65 years: a systematic review and economic analysis. Surg Endosc. 28(2): 414-26.