Postgraduate Training and Work Experience:
- Medical Intern, University of Cape Town (2002-2003)
- Community Service Medical Officer, University of Cape Town (2003-2004)
- Senior House Officer in Cardiac Intensive Care Unit at Groote Schuur Hospital, Cape Town (2004)
- Medical Residency, Department of Medicine, University of Cape Town (2005-2008)
- Consultant Physician/Internist, Groote Schuur Hospital, Cape Town (2009)
- Senior clinical lecturer, University of Cape Town (2010)
- Fellow in Division of Rheumatology, Department of Medicine, University of Cape Town (2010-2012)
- Head of Clinical Unit, Department of Medicine, Polokwane/Mankweng Hospital Complex, Limpopo Department of Health (2013)
- Head of Rheumatology Division, Department of Medicine, Sefako Makgatho Health Sciences University (Aug 2013 – June 2017)
- Private Practice, Rheumatology at 301-39, 23rd Street East, Saskatoon (July 2017 – Present)
Current Faculty Appointment:
- Clinical Assistant Professor (July 2017 - Present)
- Executive committee member of South African Rheumatism and Arthritis Association (Mar 2015 – Feb 2017)
- Member of Gauteng Provincial Pharmacy and Therapeutic Committee (Mar 2015 – Dec 2016)
- Member of Hospital Pharmacy and Therapeutic Committee at Dr. George Mukhari Academic Hospital (Jan 2015 – Apr 2017)
- Member of South African Rheumatism and Arthritis Association (Jan 2011 – Present)
- Member of Colleges of Medicine of South Africa (Jan 2009 – Present)
- Member of Saskatchewan Medical Association and Canadian Medical Association (July 2017 – Present)
Area of Interest in Rheumatology and Related Training:
Musculoskeletal Ultrasound in Clinical Rheumatology
- Certificate from EULAR Online Introductory Ultrasound Course (2015)
- Certificate from EULAR accredited Basic Musculoskeletal Ultrasound Course (2015)
- Ceritificate from EULAR accredited Intermediate Musculoskeletal Ultrasound Course (2016)
- M T L Nyo, D Magazi, M M T M Ally. Systemic lupus erythematosus: A possible cause of non-alcoholic Wernicke’s encephalopathy. S Afr Med J 2017;107(4):299-301.
- Myat Tun Lin Nyo, Asgar Ali Kalla. Thrombocytopenia and thrombosis: a double-edged sword. Clin Rheumatol. 2014 Apr;33(4):587-90.
- Myat Tun Lin Nyo, Leann Schoeman, Raveendra Sookhari, Bongani Mayosi. HIV infection, pulmonary arterial hypertension and pregnancy: a fatal triad. Cardiovasc J Afr. 2012 Aug 12;23(7):e4-6.
- Nasheeta Peer, Krisela Steyn, Cheryl R. Dennison, Naomi S. Levitt, Myat T.L. Nyo, Johanna H. Nel, Patrick J. Commerford, Jean M. Fourie1 and Martha N. Hill. Determinants of target organ damage in black hypertensive patients attending primary health care services in Cape Town: the Hi-Hi study. Am J Hypertens. 2008 Aug;21(8):896-902.