Thank you everyone for supporting Miles for Smiles!
Where: Rotary Park, Saskatoon, SK
Information for Participants
The 18th annual Miles for Smiles will take place on Saturday, September 11th, 2021. We are hoping to go ahead with an in person walk/run held in Rotary Park with 2.5km, 5km and 10km races. However, contingencies will be set in place for an online race in the event that one is required due to restrictions.
- All runners are advised to come earlier than 8 and take advantage of warm-up sessions being offered by the Physiotherapy/Kinesiology personnel.
- If you are feeling unwell, please take care of your health and of others by staying home.
- There will be volunteers present at various locations throughout the course. If you are in need of assistance, please do not hesitate to flag down a volunteer.
- Participants running with their dogs must have the dog leashed at all times. Dog owners are responsible for your pet on race day.
- Participants less than 18 years of age are requested to follow all safety precautions while participating in the event. Please be aware of the road markings and speak to a volunteer, when in doubt.
- If you are in a team or group, please be considerate of the people behind you who may be trying to pass your team.
- If you are attempting to pass a slower participant, please call out “passing on your left/right”.
- All participants are expected to follow the directions of the volunteers, race officials and/or public authorities. Road marshals will be wearing safety vests and will direct you where necessary.
- Wheelchairs being pushed and people with strollers must line up at the back of the pack.. The order of participants shall be:
|Runners with dogs||Walkers||Strollers, Wheelchairs being pushed|
- Be sure to have fun!
- Please thank the volunteers along the route.
- We will have photographers at the finish line and at various sites along the path. If you notice a photographer, smile as you pass them.
Suggested parking sites
- Volunteers: We will have the Rotary Park parking lot reserved specifically for volunteers.
- Participant Parking: The Rotary Park parking lot will be open to volunteers only. It is suggested that participants park in nearby residential parking OR park across the river around the River Landing area and cross the Idylwyld bridge using the pedestrian walkway, which enters directly into Rotary Park.
DeadlinesIndividuals: August 12th at 11:59 pm -- To ensure participant shirts for race day.
All registration closes: SEPTEMBER 8th, 2021
2.5 km (Saskatoon)
5 km (Saskatoon)
10 km (Saskatoon)
Please note that the deadline to recieve a race T-shirt below.
- Race numbers on bibs, and a shirt for each participant
- Race package, including information sheet, promotional materials
- Donation to Nēwo Yōtina Friendship Centre (Safe consumption site) in Regina
- T-shirts if registered by August 12th at 11:59 pm
- Chance for individual participants win prizes
How to Register:
- We wish to assure you that all transactions through Race Roster are safe and protected as indicated in their Terms of Service. They are commonly used for registering other major events throughout Saskatchewan. Their website makes this the most streamlined way to register for Miles for Smiles.
All participants are encouraged to pledge for Miles for Smiles! This includes runners, volunteers, and any supporters.
Pledges/Donations can be done by following these steps:
1. Download and print the pledge form below.
2. Fill out the form and collect pledges from friends and family.
3. Pledge forms and amounts can be submitted on the day of the event through contact-less drop off.
Thanks to all the pledgers and pledgees!
Race Package Pick-up - TBD