The Gwenna Moss Teaching and Learning Centre has many resources to help with teaching. Visit their website to learn about their programs.
The Gwenna Moss Centre is committed to supporting and improving teaching and learning at the University of Saskatchewan. They have a variety of courses, workshops and events to help faculty, instructors and grad students. View their list of courses and workshops.
The CORAL Collection
The CORAL Collection is a set of materials designed for education committee members and course and program directors. The Cells will help people learn some of the most important concepts and principles in medical education.
Each Cell is short, discrete, and designed to teach. Each Cell has an introduction, one to three objectives, self-assessments, a section to present the material, a quiz with expert responses, an evaluation so we can get better, references and further reading, and a concept map showing related Cells.
Medical Education WIKI
The Medical Education WIKI was developed to be used by medical educators and residents as a resource for techniques and as an archive for articles. It is divided into four main topics:
- Clinical Teaching Techniques
- Classroom Teaching Techniques
- How Medical Students Learn
- Teaching Technologies
If you would like to add an article or idea, please contact email@example.com
Faculty Development Library
Easily check out the hard copies of the resources we have available in Faculty Development! We have a FD “Library” which you can now scan online to see if we have titles of books or medical education articles you might be interested in. These are available for borrowing by contacting: firstname.lastname@example.org.
We are happy for these resources to be used by individuals in the College of Medicine or other Health Professions, anyone participating in our FD programming, as well as to have them go out to distributed teaching sites in SK. Go to https://cmfdlibrary.librarika.com/. If there are great titles related to medical education that you think we should have, let us know. We welcome your suggestions.
Health Sciences Library
The USask Health Sciences Library also has resources on faculty development, especially on areas relating to teaching. Search the library catalogue for a specific title, or go to https://libguides.usask.ca/medicine and contact the librarian listed as the Subject Guide for help finding books on a particular topic.
Other Internal Links
The Teaching and Learning webspace is wonderful and exceptionally
Clinical Teaching Tips
- Clinical Teaching Tips - Resources for Family Physicians (PDF)
- Clinical Teaching Tips - Resources for Specialists (PDF)
TIPS manual PDF - This is the manual resource which supports the TIPS for Residents teacher training course.
(Please note that the files above are zip files and must be unzipped before you can view the eBook on your Mac or PC)
FD at other Canadian Universities
Canadian University Links for Faculty Development Resources/Information:
- Dalhousie University - Faculty Development
- McGill University - Faculty Development Office
- McMaster University - Faculty Development
- Memorial University - Office of Professional and Educational Development
- Queens University - Faculty of Health Sciences - Faculty Development
- University of Alberta - Faculty of Medicine and Dentistry
- University of British Columbia - F
acultyof Medicine - Faculty Development Resources
- University of Calgary - Office of Faculty Development and Performance
- University of Manitoba - Office of Educational and Faculty Development
- University of Toronto - Centre for Faculty Development
- Western University - Continuing Professional Development
Other External Resources
- The College of Family Physicians of Canada supports teachers
- AMEE – Association of Medical Education Europe
- The Learning Scientists is a group of cognitive psychological scientists interested in research on education. Their main research focus is on the science of learning. Their Vision is to make scientific research on learning more accessible to students, teachers, and other educators.
- Family Medicine: College of Family Physicians of Canada Triple C curriculum and Faculty Development Resources
- What are learning analytics? For information on Learning Analytics go to AskAMEE for a primer. Note the SK connection – Dr. Brent Thoma!
- Layered Learning - Integrating learners into your clinical practice. View here
- 10 Steps to Course Development - Quick Tips - University of Toronto
- Basic PowerPoint
- CanMEDS and faculty development resources
- External resource for students: STFM Resources for Students: Student Onboarding
- Competencies for Teachers - FTA Framework:
- Effective small group learning: AMEE Guide No. 48
- Basic steps in establishing effective small group teaching sessions in medical schools