Med Ed Resources Links
Canadian University Links for Faculty Development resources/information:
- UBC https://facdev.med.ubc.ca/ https://facdev.med.ubc.ca/teaching-resources/ What is great about this site?
- U of A https://www.ualberta.ca/medicine/about/faculty/development
Rural Medical Education (RMED) -
- U of C https://www.ucalgary.ca/ofd/
- USask – Gwenna Moss https://teaching.usask.ca/about/units/gwenna-moss-centre-for-teaching-and-learning.php
General information https://teaching.usask.ca/
- University of Manitoba http://umanitoba.ca/faculties/health_sciences/medicine/education/ed_dev/index.php
- McMaster https://fhs.mcmaster.ca/facdev/
- U of Toronto https://cfd.utoronto.ca/
- McGill https://www.mcgill.ca/medicinefacdev/ Resources: https://mcgill.ca/medicinefacdev/resources
- Dalhousie Faculty
- Memorial https://www.med.mun.ca/MESC/Teaching-enhancement/Faculty-Development/Teaching-links.aspx
The teaching.usask.ca webspace is wonderful and exceptionally
For useful courses and workshops. You can learn more information about the ISW
And here: https://iswnetwork.ca/about/
Teaching using social media? https://teaching.usask.ca/articles/social-media-in-teaching.php
TIPS eBook This is the manual resource which supports the TIPS for Residents teacher training course.
- All CoM faculty can now get on their mailing list by….
- Go to their website at https://usask.ca/about/units/gwenna-moss-centre-for-teaching-and-learning.php
- Instructional Skills workshop/ Certificate
- University Basics Teaching Certificate
- Reflective Teaching Portfolio short course
Thinking about your thinking – click on the image above to download and use this template to record “process notes” to reflect on what you want to use or take away from this page. This can be similar to writing a progress note on patient care. Download this pdf and keep it as a record. Write out your comments on what you are learning and come back to this from time to time to see how your thoughts and feelings are changing. Review what you have written and re-comment on how you are applying what you are learning to your day to day practice.
Faculty Development Website Survey
Click the link below to complete a short survey that will assist us in continuous improvement of our website. We sincerely appreciate your feedback here.